Tool/Cheat to walk through walls
Me and my friend are trying to glitch Metal Gear Solid 3 and we have a really cool idea. If we can glitch past a gate we will be able to save many minutes on a speed run. We are however not sure if the game is actually loading the trigger at such an early stage. Instead of spending more days/weeks trying to find an out of bounds glitch, is it possible for anyone here to supply information on how I could use PCSX2 or some other tool to remove the collision box so we can test it out first? Basically to make the character walk through walls?

Thanks

Sponsored links

This might cause undesired effects. I used an editor to remove a car in Manhunt so that I could bypass an area, and the proper scripts never loaded/ran so that I could continue and going back and doing it properly just crashed the game.

Keep in mind some games only load a certain script after the completion of another to save memory. Another possibility is that what you detect on the other side of the collision box is only a partial load, (like only what could be visible) again to save memory.

Good luck though, you might find something interesting.

EDIT: Given the age of this post, I have answered it for posterity reasons.
SIG: Please don't mistake my periodic brevity for anger. I simply don't wish to waste your time with too many words. I wish to cut down on the "TL : DR" responses I might get.