Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourist Trophy Running at just 20 Fps
Hey!
I always wanted to play tourist trophy, and today i tried to run it on pcsx2 and it's very slow (20/25 fps). I think that's because of the computer, but i wanted to be sure. I enabled speed hacks and that stuff and it doesn't get better... My processor is an Intel i330m (2.1Ghz) and my Graphics card is a Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5165 (512mb) . To be more specific, i have a toshiba 650l 11e.
Keep posting Smile

Sponsored links

you have a slow cpu, slow gpu, so yeah, I guess the speed you get is normal.
try setting clamp modes to none, use latest pcsx2 beta, and use native res in gsdx settings
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(10-20-2010, 04:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you have a slow cpu, slow gpu, so yeah, I guess the speed you get is normal.
try setting clamp modes to none, use latest pcsx2 beta, and use native res in gsdx settings

The 5165 is by no means a slow card, it's a renamed 4650 with higher clock speeds so it's well into the midrange.
As it runs on the same engine as GT4 it's most definitely your CPU holding you back. I don't get full framerate in GT4 and I have a 3.6GHz CPU but I consider it playable at quite a low framerate, so enable the recommended speedhacks and see what you think.
Specs in Profile
I turned all the speed hacks except vu cycle stealing and mvu min/max and the clamp modes and it's very similar to before i made this, but a little better, and if i go with the on board camera of the bike i get more fps (25/20) and it's more playable x) but with the ghost and in the crowded zones the fps are 15/20 and it slows down...Any way i can play this normally?
Quote:The 5165 is by no means a slow card, it's a renamed 4650 with higher clock speeds so it's well into the midrange.

The 5165 isn't a slow gpu. The mobile 5165 is
(10-20-2010, 09:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote:
Quote:The 5165 is by no means a slow card, it's a renamed 4650 with higher clock speeds so it's well into the midrange.

The 5165 isn't a slow gpu. The mobile 5165 is

There is no desktop 5165, it's only a mobile GPU.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobilit...579.0.html

From the "Class" system here it's in the top half of class 2. While it's by no means a high end card, it's comparable to the previous generation of high end mobile cards like the Mobility Radeon 3870 and the GeForce 8800M. I'm not saying that it'll run games at Full HD resolutions but I'm saying that it's unlikely to be the component holding back the performance when using native resolution.
Specs in Profile
What PCSX2 settings? What plugin settings? What do the EE/GS % numbers say in the game window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-21-2010, 01:14 AM)YukiS Wrote:
(10-20-2010, 09:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: The 5165 isn't a slow gpu. The mobile 5165 is

There is no desktop 5165, it's only a mobile GPU.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobilit...579.0.html

From the "Class" system here it's in the top half of class 2. While it's by no means a high end card, it's comparable to the previous generation of high end mobile cards like the Mobility Radeon 3870 and the GeForce 8800M. I'm not saying that it'll run games at Full HD resolutions but I'm saying that it's unlikely to be the component holding back the performance when using native resolution.

Like you said : when using native res.
What I call a slow GPU is the one that will only allow you to use native res to get playable speeds.
i guess that's his case, isn't it ?
Ha! I just drove round half of the race track your racing on today (In reality Lolz) =P
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
Guys,
EE: Chop/zero, Clamp: none, flush to zero and denormals are zero are marked
In the VUs the same
I didn't touch gs settings
Gs window: 4:3 and 640x480
Speedhacks enabled, EE cyclerate is on 3 Vu Cycle isn't enabled, other hack are all enabled and micro Vus hacks are all enabled except mvu min/max hack.
Gamefixes are disabled.

GSDX settings are:
Renderer: Direct3D9
Interlacing: Bob Tff
D3D internal res: 1024 1024
1x
Then in hacks i enabled offset hack...
Hope it's not too confusing...

EDIT: I tried playing with native res and some speedhacks and it's better if i play with the onboard camera, i get 30 fps in the quiet zones of the track x) when it has fences and boxes the fps drop and goodbye fun...