Tourist Trophy - The Real Riding Simulator [SCES 53372] (E)
status=5;
version=1.5.0;
console=PS2;
crc=CA9AA903;
img_t=empty;
img_f=empty;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty

Sponsored links

I've updated the report in a few places as it was originally posted in the request thread over three months ago and some PCSX2 improvements since then have affected the game.

CRC: CA9AA903

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6000 @ 2GB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.4.0 Stable release - Windows
If other please specify:  pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-268
May 19th update:: pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-735
December 27th update:: pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1740

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00 Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Extra

Speedhacks Used:

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Medium

Comments:
  • Game is more GPU intensive than CPU, but load isn't very high. OpenGL runs slow on AMD GPU, but 100% at 3x native with Intel integrated Graphics(not so on DX)
  • Switching on Accurate Date will stall PCSX2[AMD driver issue].
  • The "Wild Arms Offset" HW hack will obscure the 3D section of a scene.
  • Using the "Skipdraw" HW hack creates more bugs, but solves none of the issues. Keep this set to 0.
  • Using Preload Data Frame HW hack and starting an event will crash PCSX2 with a "The exception Integer division by Zero" error.May 19th update: No longer crashes with this hack on in current build.

Bugs:
  • May 19th update: Crashes with current build in D3D11 when starting an event with 3x native or higher internal resolution and prints "GSdx out of memory" in the log with an extreme memory spike. OpenGL is fine in time trials, but does crash a 4x native and higher when starting a race.  There is no known solution, keep the internal resolution below these values.
  • In Hardware mode, text in-game is slightly bugged. Solution: Go to Config -> Emulation settings -> VUs tab, and set Clamping Mode to "Extra" . Alternatively setting VU0 to "Interpreter" also works.
  • In hardware mode, the track is close to completely obscured after starting an event. Set in-game brightness setting to 0 to fix this.
    May 19th update: Solution: This has been fixed in current builds with OpenGL if CRC Hack Level is set to "Partial(OpenGL Recommended)". Brightness and contrast settings now work without issue.
  • A horizontal transparent purple/blue bar is seen when starting a race, while vertical grey bars mentioned below will appear alongside the purple/blue bar when starting a time trial. There is no known solution, use Software mode instead.
    December 27th update: Solution:This has been fixed as of git build v1.5.0-dev-1332 (GS mem clear) for the "OpenGL (Hardware)" Renderer.
  • In Hardware mode, shadows are bugged and stretched out. Partial Solution: Use OpenGL and turn on Hardware Depth to reduce impact of the bug. The bug will now only show at a few locations(mostly corners) of a track.
  • December 27th update: Solution:This seems to be fully fixed as of git build v1.5.0-dev-1332 (GS mem clear) for the "OpenGL (Hardware)" Renderer.
  • In Hardware mode, grey bars often cover the screen in replays and during crashes. There is no known solution, use Software mode instead.
    December 27th update: Solution:This has been fixed as of git build v1.5.0-dev-1332 (GS mem clear) for the "OpenGL (Hardware)" Renderer.
  • In Hardware mode the license test failure screen is bugged. The screen should turn black&white, but instead stays in color and shows garbage graphics onscreen. Make sure CRC Hack Level is on "Full (Safest)" when using one of the Direct3D renderers, or the whole screen will be covered by the garbage. May 19th update: Solution: The graphical garbage is no longer there with OpenGL (Hardware) renderer if CRC Hack Level is set to "Partial (OpenGL Recommended)".
  • With Direct3D hardware renderers taking a picture in photo mode is broken. Text is hard to read and options like focusing the camera don't work(due to lack of Depth emulation/Hardware depth). Solution:Use any software modes or the "OpenGL (Hardware)" renderer to set up the camera. Some garbage depth data can still be visible above and to the right of the camera viewfinder with OpenGL Hardware renderer(see attachment).
    December 27th update: The garbage depth data issue with OpenGL Hardware has been fixed as of git build v1.5.0-dev-1332 (GS mem clear) for the "OpenGL (Hardware)" Renderer.
  • License tests on Test Course, Circle Course and other special cources fail because the starting position is off-track, this also applies to the Demonstration of these tests, which fail for the same reason. License tests on regular tracks do work. There is no known solution.

Status
Playable
Quote: Using Preload Data Frama HW hacks and starting an event will crash PCSX2 with a "The exception Integer division by Zero" error.
Ought to be fixed (done by ref)
(05-19-2016, 04:22 PM)gregory Wrote: Ought to be fixed (done by ref)

Yep, has been fixed for a while
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(05-19-2016, 04:29 PM)refraction Wrote: Yep, has been fixed for a while

For a while, but not for longer than 3 months. Tongue2

I can confirm it, just ran a short test with Preload Data Frame on it didn't crash.
LICENCES ARE WORKING! (didn't see this info anywhere else, if it's already known then sorry)

CRC: CA9AA903

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.3GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1060GTX 6GB

Build Description:
v1.5.0-dev-1943-g1837d43 (2017-03-17)

BIOS Used:
Europe v02.00 Console

Speedhacks Used:
INTC, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag, MTVU

Gamefixes Used: 
none

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Much

Comments:
You have to adjust EE/IOP settings while playing licences:
  • when playing on Test Course, Circle Course and other special cources you get instant fail due to wrong position you should set round mode chop/zero and clamping mode full (on Novice license this is required to finish the first 5 tests)
  • when the game crashes when loading a test you should set round mode nearest and clamping mode normal (on Novice license this is required to finish 10th test)
  • in every other case you should set round mode chop/zero and clamping mode normal (on Novice license this is required to finish tests 6-9), I'm using those settings when playing Challenge Mode or Race Events as well
I recommend making a savestate before every License test and trying any of those three settings.

EDIT:
I've completed all Licenses and found correct EE/IOP settings to each test, you can change these settings while playing:
  • Novice 1-5, Junior 3-5, Expert 3round mode chop/zero; clamping mode full - these test are either on special course or have some additional objects on regular tracks.
  • Novice 6-10, Junior 1-2 and 6-10, Expert 1-2 and 4-10, Super 1-10round mode nearest; clamping mode normal - simple A to B or full lap on regular tracks.
  • other modes than licences - round mode chop/zero; clamping mode full as these settings allow you to see your rider in Riding Gear and in Riding Form properly. If something is not working try clamping mode extra or normal.
I also used OpenGL (Hardware) with 4x Native resolution, CRC Partial, Accurate Date and Blending Unit Accuracy set to Medium.

I believe these settings are the best and make the game fully playable without any major bugs or issues.

Bugs:
Some minor slowdowns on a few racetracks

Status
Playable
Something to add to this, it seems like saves corrupt if you don't use chop/zero and full as ee/iop settings when you're making a save.

I'm currently redoing all the licenses since that happened last time, just make enough working backups, do double-checks and you'll be safe.