Tourist Trophy
(10-11-2009, 12:53 AM)deion27 Wrote: Sorry, my graphics card is Nvidia 8500 GT. But I guess it wouldn't matter if my processor is not as strong right??

Both play a part in emulation, but more so the CPU typically. However, your graphics card is also very weak compared to the 4870, so it's expected that you don't get stellar performance.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]

Sponsored links

Let me revive this thread, I reckoned it'd be better than opening a new one. Anyways, I was experimenting with 0.9.7 and TT quite a while today and found out the crucial hacks needed to be enabled to fully enjoy it. However, there are currently two major bugs which spoil the fun a bit. One bug is like a giant shadow glowed to the bike. On some tracks it's more noticeable and on others it's less noticeable but it's there. The other crucial bug is when you run a replay. It's obviously some sort of rendering issue, maybe alpha related or something like that. I was thinking first that maybe it relates to the blur effect used in the game but later on I noticed blur works just fine. Last thing worth mentioning, I'm experienced some disturbance in the sound, it evens feels like the sound plugin somehow cripples the FPS. Sad

Spec used for what you see below:

Windows 7 32bit
E8500 @ 3.16Ghz (I think that's stock speed)
ATI 5770 HD 1GB DDR5
2gb of RAM

Hacks and settings used:

Emulation Settings:

EE/IOP:

Chop / Zero & None, Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero are ticked on.

VUs:

Chop / Zero & Extra, Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero are ticked on.

SPEEDHACKS:

INTC, IOP X2, mVU Flag Hack (this hack fixes "TIME TRIAL" icon graphics), EE Cyclerate @ 3 (2 may work just as good)

GAME FIXES DISABLED.

GSDX (SSE4, D3D11) Settings:

Texture filtering: ON (I noticed that this also applies a tad bit of AA so if you have AA already applied in your card settings you may want to remove that and keep texture filtering ON)
Offset Hack: ON (you need to go into GSdx.ini and add "allowhack=1" to reveal this option)

* EVERYTHING ELSE IS DEFAULT *

General comment: For best performance, go over your graphics card settings and make sure nothing is forced, stuff like vertical-sync turn ON all the time can severely impact your FPS.

Anyways, for your enjoyment, here're some fresh new 0.9.7 720p shots (downsized from 1080p) from TT.

[Image: tt_03_720p.png]

[Image: tt_05_720p.png]

[Image: tt_02_720p.png]

[Image: tt_01_720p.png]

This game is particularly amazing when you take a fast bike on the Nurburgring. Smile
Using 5291 with VU set at Extra+Preserve and EE/IOP set to Full, the Licenses are playable. Mind you, i haven't tested them all since the last time i played this was two years ago and i am having trouble winning them again easily... Biggrin