Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer savegames from PS2?
Hello all!
I'm a new PS2 owner and looking for some answers wrt accessing the ps2 memory cards.

I am looking for ways to copy my savegames from my PS2 memory card to my pc for backup & also to be able to use them with pcsx2.
I've been searching the internet for a while now and am still confused as to what the options are, so i thought i would ask here

* There seems to be some bad quality PS2-to-PC memory card readers, do anyone have positive experience with any of those which you could suggest to me?

* There seems to be ways of soft-modding the PS2, would this give me access to tools which can read the memory card?

So, how do you guys read savegames from the PS2?

Sponsored links

No, the quality is just same as for me. And, can u be more specific ? Maybe u mean modded PS2 which has a modchip installed on it.
Regarding your question, i use myMC and SwapMagic and also USB Flashdrive (which is formatted to FAT32/FAT)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
thanks for your reply ikazu!

My PS2 is not modded (yet), I am still researching the possibilites I have without modding it.

So, what ps2 card reader do you use yourself?
Or do you mean the savegames can be stored on the USB flashdrive, so you can just read them directly from the pc?

Thanks for the hints of the SwapMagic software, i found a local reseller of it-will check it out!
(04-06-2010, 01:46 PM)ekkaia Wrote: So, what ps2 card reader do you use yourself?
Or do you mean the savegames can be stored on the USB flashdrive, so you can just read them directly from the pc?

Yup it can be stored inside the USB flashdrive, and then i copy all of them to my computer, and got all of them read by myMC. After being read, i export all of the files to the .mcd file . Then my pcsx2 can read the files . yay. Anyway, i use this method to complete my game, Ar tonelico II : Melody of Metafalica
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(04-08-2010, 01:27 PM)ikazu Wrote: Yup it can be stored inside the USB flashdrive, and then i copy all of them to my computer, and got all of them read by myMC. After being read, i export all of the files to the .mcd file . Then my pcsx2 can read the files . yay. Anyway, i use this method to complete my game, Ar tonelico II : Melody of Metafalica

thank you so much for taking your time and explain this to me!

best regards