Transfering saves
I just backed up and transferred over everything on my PC after upgrading my OS and moved everything over. I copied the memory cards from before and placed them where the new ones went (deleted them). However, when I play a game, my save files don't show up. Did I do this wrong? Is there something I need to do first? Thanks..

Sponsored links

try going to "config > memcards" and select them from there
see if they exist in the bios as well
Why would they be in the bios? And the memory cards are 8 MB a piece. Same as the original ones. Is there a particular file I'm looking for in them or something?
(06-16-2009, 06:08 AM)shade3134 Wrote: Why would they be in the bios?
just so you know he meant the ps2 bios Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(06-16-2009, 06:08 AM)shade3134 Wrote: Why would they be in the bios? And the memory cards are 8 MB a piece. Same as the original ones. Is there a particular file I'm looking for in them or something?

memcards always have the size of 8mb, even if they are empty Wink and with bios saiki meant if your saves show up in the memcard browser of the ps2 bios. this browser can be reached just like on the real ps2 by starting pcsx2 without a game, set the gigaherz cdvd to "@no disc" and run it with "file -> run cd/dvd". if your saves don't show up there, you'll have to check if the paths to your memcards are configured correctly under "config -> memcards". did you by any chance move to vista/win7? if yes, make sure that you run your pcsx2 with "right click -> run as administrator" and that pcsx2 is stored in a folder where you have full access rights, like "my documents".
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403