Transferring Saved Data to the Beta
I've been using PCSX2 0.9.6 lately for Tales of the Abyss, and it works quite well, I've been playing it and enjoying it, but I found out it works a bit faster in the latest beta with speed hacks, but I've already gotten quite far. I attempted to copy the memory card folder over and replace the beta one with the old one, but it doesn't seem to show up when I play the game and attempt to load. Can anyone tell me how I would go about transferring saved data from 0.9.6 to the latest beta version or if that's even possible? Thanks. The beta I'm using is r1888 (Also, if there's already another thread explaining this, please point me there, I searched myself but couldn't find anything on it)

Sponsored links

Most of the time, save states aren't compatible with different pcsx2 versions.
I advise you to transfer your memecards.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-23-2009, 07:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Most of the time, save states aren't compatible with different pcsx2 versions.
I advise you to transfer your memecards.

That's exactly what I tried, it didn't seem to work, nothing shows up when I attempt to load. Anything extra I need to do for transferring other then just the ol copy and paste?
Make sure the beta is pointing to the right memcard files?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, I tried setting the beta's memcard directory to the old 0.9.6 directory, and now when I attempt to load, it just sticks at the "Checking Memory Card" screen, and there's nothing I can do there but reset, the game doesn't seem to be frozen, it just won't leave that screen. I'm stumped. Copy and pasting didn't work, and changing the directory didn't either. Any ideas? Is there some little obvious thing I'm missing?
thats odd, I went from 0.96 to the beta on Super Robot Taisen Z, and I believe I just deleted the memecard in the beta and copied my old one over and it worked just fine. Maybe double check some of your other settings/file locations?
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
Yeah, I tried just deleting the beta memcard and throwing my 0.9.6 memcard folder in it's place, and for some reason it fixed the lock up while checking for the memory card, but it just finds no data... I really don't get it, but it's not a huge difference playing Tales of the Abyss on the beta, almost everything runs at 60 fps except the world map, which slows down quite a bit. It's only a small portion of the game and isn't THAT big a deal really, but it's weird that the beta just refuses to read my 0.9.6 memcard folder data.
Ok, dont try to move the folder just go into "config > memcards" and point each memcard to the original ones.
Yeah, I tried that, as I said in an earlier post, it doesn't seem to work, and it's the same memory card folder I can use just fine with the normal 0.9.6. I even tried Memcard 1 and 2 just in case it was somehow saved to the second one, but it always comes up as no data on the beta, even though it reads just fine on the normal 0.9.6.

Edit: Well, thanks for the help, but it turns out, somehow my data got deleted entirely on the old memcard file, I have no idea how exactly, last time I was playing I saved ingame just fine, luckily I had a save state too. That was most likely the problem the whole time, I feel pretty stupid actually, but I didn't delete it myself, so I guess it just corrupted or something, sorry for the trouble.
So far all you said is you tried to change the memcard folder, I'm telling you to point the memcard files directly one by one which you havent as far as I know.