Transformers Armada running slow
Hello, I am having trouble running the old Transformers game by Atari. I am getting very low framerates when I am running using DirextX11 software - Around 25 frames per second. I have tried running it in hardware mode, but the game has a sort of shudder effect (see link 1 at bottom) (It doesn't affect the menu UI, but it affects the actual game seen in the background). I have tried using the Speedhacks, but if I enable them, the game will not proceed beyond the main menu. I am interested in hearing other options.

I am also curious if anyone has figured out how to get rid of the weird effect in hardware mode as seen in link 1. The ironic thing is that the emulator runs at an acceptable rate when in hardware mode, unlike software.

And finally, is there any way to crank up the anti-aliasing for software mode? I can do it with hardware mode, but...

My PC specs are...
ASUS G750JS
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4 Cores
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 870M
12GB RAM

Link 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj1g12cjq5ipvo...7.png?dl=0

Sponsored links

Try using AVX gsdx plugin and use software mode and set +4 extra rendering threads and enable mtvu hack to get a performance boost.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ok, I have changed to AVX, adjusted the rendering threads, and enabled the MTVU hack. However, the hack does not allow the game to progress beyond the main menu. I get a black screen and PCSX refuses to respond. Best framerate I get without the MTVU hack is about 38.
The best you could Try now is increasing the EE cycle rate and Vu stealing in speedhacks section.
PS: disable mtvu if, it causes issues.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Excellent! Maximizing the EE cycle and VU stealing bumped it up to 60. Thanks for your help!

By chance, do you know of any way to help with the jaggedness of the graphics, or boost the anti-aliasing, while using software mode?
You can try using edge antialiasing in software mode but, it will decrease the performance slightly.
- Refraction