Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Translation patch for kingdom hearts 2 Final mix+
I been thinking about it, this project should not be so hard. Since most of the dialog is in english already from the original kingdom hearts 2. And there are already translation notes from the new content out on the web. I imported final mix 2, but what I want to know how would I go about making a patch for it, and how to alter ps2 text. I'm not educated on the subject, but if i manage to pull this off it'll please a alot of fans. And not to mention they won't have to deal with the bad voices. So how do I go about it? I have notes from a guide that lets you follow along the game, what program do I need? I just want to be pointed in the right direction.

Sponsored links

do you own both games legally? If not then what your doing is piracy.
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
Actually yes I do own therm both. >_> Not sure why both is really necessary.
Akira420:
What you want to do is actually quite hard for a beginner.
I imagine the text is encrypted and stored somewhere.
You'll need to fetch that data, decode it, place your text in there and re-encode it.
Prolly need to change a ton of other stuff like character tables, etc.

So if you feel like wasting a month on learning to hack this game then you have a chance. Maybe Tongue2

coud: Next time you start a witch hunt you'll fetch a warning.
Hmm, well I'm not too intimidated. But I'll start small then, I'll start with the menu. Though if I pull this off, aha. I'm gonna have to learn how to turn it into a patch so I could upload it. I have made an iso from my disc, the imported one. There was one theory I had, I mean aside from the language the code and overall make of these two games shouldn't be too different. I was thinking of copying the english text of the original and placing it over the same parts on final mix 2. If its even possible, but yeah I have to learn how to hack. But it shouldn't be too hard.
Well, actually Kingdom Hearts is a square Enix game. Squenix encrypted his games with some ***** stuff so it's not easy to make an undub and so I guess it's the same with a translation.

Good luck, it's quite a way/work for you to go, I'm still working on that subject(not only ps2) and sometimes it's kinda hard. Btw. you wont find howto's about that subject, cuz every game is different to "hack".

Edit\ Well, for some games it could be the same way tho Tongue2
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Well It can't be harder then translating a game that doesn't have an english version at all. I guess now I just have to find a way to decrypt the code then. But I have the iso, so whats the first step?
Well it's not something I'd like to support since it's kinda advanced and uses to much time. But at first extract the image files on the disc on your hdd. Tongue

Now you're on your own. Use google, there are some pages with lil help (not advanced help tho) but that's the first point to start. Some dude on IRC said, it's impossible to do it without any knowledge. He was right. You have to get some knowledge about stuff (for advanced stuff, advanced knowledge Tongue).

GL.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Are you really sure I have to be a super genius prodigy programmer like the guys here? I mean everyone has a start, and this can't be harder then making pcsx2 work the way it does today. Ninja But I know people that will give me the run down, I just want people here to know its gonna happen. And I posted here first about it. > D Hopefully by the time its done, people will care about it. Oo;;
No, you wont have to be a genius programmer. But basic knowledge is a big plus. Without it's possible, but only with work and patience.

So, if your patient and hardworking you'll make it. Wink

Well, I'll give you some links to start at via pm. It's a source, not an ultimate one, but a start.