Trashed movie playback in FFX
(09-24-2009, 03:23 PM)zero29 Wrote: official gsdx thread

but you will have to provide some screenshots or .gs snapshots of the problem. and don't forget to include your complete specs and settings.

Thanks, but I'm not very keen on going out on a limb and repeating 95% of what I've already written here to save someone the effort of reading something that isn't reported in the "correct" manner. Everything that needs to be known is already written in this thread. As I already said I would post screenshots but the forum's attachments thing is broken. And what would the point be? If I submitted a screenshot of "showing some earlier screenshot when I pause the game" that'll just look like a screenshot of the game working fine.

Sponsored links

seems to work fine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Screenshots of the movie playback problem would be similarly useless as it's two legitimate-looking images switching between each other very fast. Although there is some flickery lines off to the right.
There is no known issue with FFX's graphics, and certainly nothing the author(s) of GSdx "have to deal with".
You're simply running into some of the oddities emulation brings with it.

You should be getting something that looks like this:

(09-24-2009, 03:58 PM)rama Wrote: There is no known issue with FFX's graphics, and certainly nothing the author(s) of GSdx "have to deal with".

I'm not sure what you mean. You're saying it's not their responsibility to fix bugs in their plugin, or that you know for sure that the plugin is bug-free?

Quote:You're simply running into some of the oddities emulation brings with it.

What's the difference between an oddity and a bug?

Quote:You should be getting something that looks like this.

Are you refering to uploading images or something else?
Anyone know a free image hosting site that would allow me to upload >9MB image files?
Quote:I'm not sure what you mean. You're saying it's not their responsibility to fix bugs in their plugin, or that you know for sure that the plugin is bug-free?

I know for sure it's bug free (no it's not, but it works 100% fine in FFX).

Quote:What's the difference between an oddity and a bug?

A bug breaks your game.

Quote:Are you refering to uploading images or something else?

I'm refering to the content of my uploaded picture. Your FFX should look like that, too.

Quote:Anyone know a free image hosting site that would allow me to upload >9MB image files?

Yes, but you might rather compress your pictures. No one wants 9mb bitmaps! (.bmp)
Quote:I know for sure it's bug free (no it's not, but it works 100% fine in FFX).

Apparently not.

Quote:A bug breaks your game.

I beg to differ. Anything where a program fails to carry out the programmer's intentions is a bug. If the game suddenly came out in black-and-white visuals you'd call it a bug, even though it doesn't break the game. Or would you dispute that?

Quote:I'm refering to the content of my uploaded picture. Your FFX should look like that, too.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The game by nature doesn't look like one thing all of the time.

Quote:Yes, but you might rather compress your pictures. No one wants 9mb bitmaps! (.bmp)

Can you tell me where this hosting site is?
Ok, it uploaded this time.

Wakka unpaused/paused -- self-explanatory.

movie-buf1 and movie-buf2: What the images don't show is that the two images switch between each other. buf1 is still and represents the last rendered scene, buf2 is the movie and it is playing.

Pausing and resuming emulation fixes the movie playback, but the pause issue never works right. Similarly bringing up the game's menu shows the last played movie, or sometimes something else (but never what it should be--a black canvas) as the menu slides into view over it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Use this config for GSdx. Fixes the 1st pic.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=21423

2nd pic shows a bug I forgot about. That's a GSdx thing yeah, Gabest fixed it once but it broke some other game, so he took it out.

The movie issues are something I don't know about. Which version (region) is your FFX?
(09-24-2009, 05:58 PM)rama Wrote: Use this config for GSdx. Fixes the 1st pic.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=21423

2nd pic shows a bug I forgot about. That's a GSdx thing yeah, Gabest fixed it once but it broke some other game, so he took it out.

The movie issues are something I don't know about. Which version (region) is your FFX?

Hmm, there's nothing wrong in the first pic, so I assume you mean the first pair and the second pair; but the second pair is the movie issue and you said you don't know about that...

I'm using PAL version (SCES_504.90).