Trouble getting started
Sad 
Hey everyone,

So I've been trying to get the emulator working with FFX on my macbook, but I've been having some trouble.

I can get the emulator to launch and even get my iso file to run. My controls work find in the game, too. However, the graphics are off... I don't really know how to describe it. I also don't get any audio.

This is what shows in the start screen for the game (where you pick load or new game)
http://d.pr/CMw2

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.. and if you need any info from me to do so.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

http://d.pr/t0RP

Another picture. Please help if you can?
What video plugin are you using? Try updating to zzogl pg 0.1.0, that should fix most graphical issues.

Download it here: http://pcsx2mac.net/files/ZZOglPG.0.1.0.dmg

To install, double click the icon in the dmg, open with pcsx2 (nothing should happen), then restart pcsx2 and zzoglpg 0.1.0 should be an option in the graphics plugin config box. Make sure "no logarithmic z" is checked in the graphics settings.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
Thanks for the reply!

The change in video plugin didn't change anything.. :-\

Please let me know if there's any information I can give you to help shed light on this issue.
Yeah, give me your comp specs. FFX is known to work fine with pcsx2 mac, maybe it's your iso???

And uncheck the "mute" option in your sound plugin to hear audio. You should also uncheck all other boxes (even the recommended ones) as this offers better performance.
Im using a late 2008 white macbook.

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4GB
Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 144 MB

I made the iso off of my own FFX Disc... I don't know if that helps at all.
Wow. I'm surprised you even got the game working with the intel GMA graphics card. Pcsx2 mac isn't compatible with integrated intel chipsets so unfortunately I don't think I can be of much help. Normally any game you play just has a white screen and nothing happens.

If you really want to play on that machine, you'll have to bootcamp it and install the windows version of pcsx2.
oh i see. okay thanks so much for all your help!
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
So...from what im reading from the above it wont work on mine either?
That's the same computer I have, it'll work great, just don't expect all games to work unless you bootcamp your computer

BTW, intel HD 3000 card is different than the older GMA series, which just simply aren't powerful enough.