Trouble with Dark Cloud 1
So...I've got at least 2 gig of ram, and a good graphics card, and a dual-core 2600 processor. Yet, for some odd reason, I don't see any of the bodies of the characters. They're floating hands and heads o_O That, and I can't seem to walk. I've assigned the controls for the arrow keys, L and R buttons, and the triangle/square/cross/circle buttons, but for some odd reason, my character doesn't seem to be able to move while in walking mode. Oddly enough, the cursor will move in edit mode, though. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored links

Only GSDX 0.1.13 provide correct picture for this game. ZeroGS and previous version of GSDX don't.
(01-10-2009, 01:55 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Only GSDX 0.1.13 provide correct picture for this game. ZeroGS and previous version of GSDX don't.

Okay...now, how about the moving problem? Any idea why that isn't working?
(01-10-2009, 01:57 PM)jimfromtx Wrote:
(01-10-2009, 01:55 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Only GSDX 0.1.13 provide correct picture for this game. ZeroGS and previous version of GSDX don't.

I have not tried the game, but movement is probably not on the directional buttons but on the analog stick
(01-10-2009, 06:12 PM)Graylord Wrote:
(01-10-2009, 01:57 PM)jimfromtx Wrote:

I have not tried the game, but movement is probably not on the directional buttons but on the analog stick

At least this is the case for Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle). Anyway I finally got DC1 and I am going to play it next. Let's see if it works Smile. Besides thanks for the hint about GSdx plugin.
I've tried enabling the "analog" button setting, on the controller config, to the space button. But it seems no matter which way it's toggled, I can't move...as for the GSdx plugin, I get a directx error, but I have DirectX 10 already!
You do not set the analog to a single button, it is a stick not a button.

You can use lilypad to setup every direction on the stick.
And finally, about the directx error...I can't seem to get the game to run with the gsdx plugin, only the zero one, despite having DirectX 10.

Hmm, followed the directions here: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1013...noobs.html , and despite following everything to the letter, and setting the graphics to use Direct3D10, it still wants me to update to directX 9...what's the deal?

Re-edit: I grabbed the directx runtime (the end-user version) from the guide posted earlier, and it *still* wants to take me to the download page for DirectX9. I'm beginning to think this program hates me...
You should use November DX release, not the one from download page.
I thought I did get the November one...for some odd reason, the web installer one fails to work, but the distributable one works.