Trouble with FFX -goes to PS2 menu
Sad 
Hey guys,
I've spent literaly about 5 hours trying to get my copy of FFX to run with pcsx2, i've googled every error and tried everything i've found on here and it won't seem to work Wacko.
Basically when I run CD/DVD using the GSDX 890 plugin the emulator starts and shows the main screen but then goes to the screen you get when theres no disk in, where you can access memory cards etc. I've ripped the game onto my laptop off the disk using PowerIso and shiz but attempts in using the image I got from the disk don't get up a loading screen, it just whines about a CD/DVD plugin fault. The other thing is in the last two attempts, the language on the actual PS2 image being shown has turned to german, which doesnt really make much difference but is annoying. Does ANYONE have any idea how to sort it so that it at least starts the game?
Thanks!

Sponsored links

care to give us some info? like your plugin setup for starters Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

theres the plugins i'm using.
My laptop specs are;
Intel Core Duo T5250 @ 1.50 GHz
2gb RAM
Intel GMAX3100 Integ Graphics (Yeah they SUCK).
Vista Home Premium.

Thanks.
change your cdvd plugin to linuziso, open its settings and point it directly to your iso image of the game, then try again.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Wait, doesn't the CDDVDnull plugin mean that it's not emulating the DVD drive. That would explain why the PS2 say's there is no disc and why you are getting the plugin error.
(07-07-2009, 04:22 PM)zero29 Wrote: change your cdvd plugin to linuziso, open its settings and point it directly to your iso image of the game, then try again.

ok it works but its very slow, would it be quicker if it ran from disc?
Thanks man!
running from disc would be even slower Tongue but the problem is your cpu and graphics card are awfully slow. I personally wouldnt recommend playing ps2 games on that laptop. However if you put GSDX in software mode, it "might" be quicker.

also grab the latest gsdx from here http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx

(07-07-2009, 04:54 PM)refraction Wrote: running from disc would be even slower Tongue but the problem is your cpu and graphics card are awfully slow. I personally wouldnt recommend playing ps2 games on that laptop. However if you put GSDX in software mode, it "might" be quicker.

also grab the latest gsdx from here http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx

ok, well its running at about 37% at the moment
you may not get any better, if you have done everything mentioned above, the only thing you can do now is play with the Config->Speedhacks section, i recommend using the VU Cycle Stealing hack put on a couple of notches, also the INTC Hack and cycle rate x2 hack for both EE and IOP are quite popular (i really recommend using these 2 together if you are going to use them)

personally I use IOP x2 and EE1.5 you can also tick up VU a stage or 2, but it's not overly promising. that laptop is really slow, I'm amazed you're even getting those speeds