True 60FPS and is there a way to achieve it
Wink 
So...this one is probably dumb, but still: Dolphin has a lot of 60FPS hacks for Gamecube games, there's a 60FPS hack for Kingdom Hearts 2, but that seems to be the only game in which that hack has been successfully implemented. The question stands as follows: why is it so hard to get 60FPS hack working in other games?

P.S. This one is just a random thought that came to my mind and yeah, I kinda feel myself like an Ork from Warhammer 40000 universe right now, but for lolz and sheer interest I'll ask anyway: why can't we lock framerate to 120, effectively speeding the game by 2 times and then implement a hack to slowdown the game to half speed? That would give us 60FPS smoothness and normal gameplay speed....well, in my Orkish crazy mind that is.

P.P.S. Waaaaaaaaaaaagh ter awl ya uumies!!! Biggrin

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sooooooo...I was like missing on a gigantic thread about the thing that interested me for quite some time because I didn't look carefully enough for it. Well, that's good to know. Google searching didn't give me that thread btw, weird, maybe I was blind. Thanks a lot!!!
(02-17-2017, 12:01 AM)JaCk_Boston Wrote: Sooooooo...I was like missing on a gigantic thread about the thing that interested me for quite some time because I didn't look carefully enough for it. Well, that's good to know. Google searching didn't give me that thread btw, weird, maybe I was blind. Thanks a lot!!!

That thread hasn't existed too long(a few months) and a good bit of the codes in it aren't complete yet. But some are.

To answer your question one of the biggest barriers to this is that PCSX2 has no internal frame counter. The frame counter you see is vertical syncs, not actual frames. So it's much harder to find the FPS controlling value in memory. Unfortunately there is no universally good way to make such a counter.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hmm...so, no actual tutorial on how to find these values as of yet, right? May I ask what should I do with values Asasega gives for GTA VCS, for example, where there are only two numbers and game's CRC code without any comments on them.

Sorry, nevermind, I figured it out myself, just used another .pnach as an example. Works like a charm.
Tutorial: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-co...#pid547199