Trying PCSX for the first time...
Hi All,

Trying PCSX for the first time and have got SSX working although the framerate is stupidly slow and jerky. Just looking for some tips really to get this and other games running successfully (although I have a feeling that my PC isn't good enough!)

Machine specs -
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name COMPUTER
User Name

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (05/26/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (1024 MB)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (63805187)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI SB450 - AC'97 Audio Controller

The GPU is overclocked quite a bit (if this helps).
Here is my config,

Here is my graphics config,

What other info do you need from me in order for one of you guys to investigate this?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Ginger_Overlord.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The 9400GT isn't the best but should do for the most part. What games exactly are you trying to play? With those specs, quite a few should run really well, but probably not the best for very intensive games (like GT4 or SotC)

(edit) and also judging by your plugins, you aren't using the latest beta (1474) which I highly recommend you try since it's noticably faster.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Hi Koji,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say I'm not using the lastest plug-in I take it that you mean the graphics plug-in? So there is a newer version of GSDX is there?

Cheers,

Ginger_Overlord
latest pcsx2: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
latest gsdx: http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Hi Zero29,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll install this newer version and its plug-ins and see if this improves things.

Cheers for the help guys!

Regards,

Ginger_Overlord
Hi Again,

Got the new version and plugins but have run into a little problem.

I have pointed pcsx2 to the bios directory and the plugin directory but I am unable to select an alternative cdvd plugin from the cdvdrom drop-down menu on the config screen.

I was initially getting the message 'error opening cdvd plugin' when trying to play a game so (after reading up about this) I downloaded the peops cdvd plugin and placed the .dll into the plugins directory (within the pcsx2 directory).

Why won't it let me select the new plugin?

Cheers again,

Ginger_Overlord
Just copy over the DLL files from the 0.9.6 binary plugins folder
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hi Bositman,

Thanks for the reply although I don't think I quite understand what you mean when you say 'copy over the DLL files from the 0.9.6 binary plugins folder'. Am I not right in just copying the .dlls into the plugin folder? where is the 0.9.6 binary plugin folder?

Also, do I put all the files from the gsdx zip (outlined earlier) into the same plugin folder?

Sorry for all the questions bur searching for answers to these does not bring up and results.

Cheers,

Ginger_Overlord
What I'm saying is that the beta installer (or binary) only include the updated beta plugins and not the older ones.
What you can do to get the older ones back/those not included in the beta binary is get the PCSX2 0.9.6 binary ( http://pcsx2.net/files/18429 ) extract it somewhere and just copy over to your beta directory the DLLs of the plugins you wish to use (of course don't overwrite the newer beta builds with the old ones from this pack).

You should only include the GSdx dlls that you can use, depending on what your processor supports. If it supports up to SSE4 use that, if it supports up to SSSE3 use that and same for SSE2
[Image: newsig.jpg]