Trying for the Bullseye - Getting more games to run using a "sweet spot" r5334
(07-05-2012, 09:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: one question : how long do you play those games to test them ?
Because you say, "yay ! it works smoothly !", but don't say how long you tested them before they actually start crashing ...

Does it crash for you using the above setup? I didn't face any crash. Tested each for about 30 hour. WRC Rally Evolved - played this for nearly 10 minutes, but I stopped myself due to the graphic glitches.

jesalvein Wrote:Because you say, "yay ! it works smoothly !"

Did I mention anything exactly like this anywhere in my post?

Sponsored links

Alright. Just to make myself clear:

This post is not about bragging about playing smoothly in my system. This is to act as a guide for others to try and provide feedback when using a similar configuration.

Please read what I have posted above :

Quote:I hope the developers can get some inputs from my preliminary and rudimentary reports.

As for fellow gamers, I hope those who have a similar system or higher specs, can make use of this report to further enhance their experiences, adjust and tweak the options to get better results, and hopefully will in-turn, post their results to improve the outcome.

@miseru99 and others thinking alike :

This is no YouTube and brag thread. For those not testing the above configs, or don't like this post, or just don't understand what this is is about, feel free to ignore this thread and continue posting elsewhere.. This thread is not for you.
Regardless of how pure your intentions are though the concept doesn't make much sense, that set-up is smooth for you... at best you could just call it a comparison reference for your hardware not a universal guide for smoothness.
<REDACTED>
(07-05-2012, 11:07 AM)Greenhawk Wrote: Does it crash for you using the above setup? I didn't face any crash. Tested each for about 30 hour. WRC Rally Evolved - played this for nearly 10 minutes, but I stopped myself due to the graphic glitches.

Did I mention anything exactly like this anywhere in my post?

Nope, i was just trying to get your point on this since you advise to set vu cycle stealing speedhack to 3.
As we all know, it breaks games quite often. This is why it can't be part of the smoothest point you're dealing with.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Plus, you should be aware already that there is high probability all the FPS you got were fake as you had the cycle stealing maxed out...
@Greenhawk Yup, ok this thread isn't for us, but for who it is? Are those your personal notes? Frankly speaking we don't need universal config for your games, those who think they need are just unaware of the problems you're proposing to them.;] You know many things differ between hardware? And I don't just say about "playable fps", some hacks will behave differently on different hardware and in some cases even game versions.

Anyway there's no reason for you to stretch yourself soo much;p, relax. Just wanted to note in less serious way that you're simply wasting time, if you really need more detail - possibly breaking your games in ways that aren't always constantly visible and can even pass on your "list" while getting serious issue at some moment which you didn't tested ~ crashes, slowdowns(yes, "speed"hacks can and often do cause slowdowns;]), screen shaking, sound breaking, timing issues, awfull animation, freezes that's all(and possibly more) you can expect at some time in most of those games, that's all ok, it's your time, your right, if you understand what we're telling you and still want to continue, please do as you wish.

Your "sweet spot" generally looks like a worm in the cherry, doesn't matter on what cake you put it and how many colors you use, it'll still have too much meat inside to be sweet. Please don't recommend using it to other newbies. Reading a guide will give them much better start at using pcsx2 and surely less irritation, you should read it too I guess.

Some notes about the most irrational things to use in "universal config" which you have there:
- "Allow 8 bit textures"(different results for each game and for different GPU's),
- "VU cycle stealing at 3"(can cause most of mentioned "problems" just by itself),
- more or less all hardware gsdx hacks(fixing non broken things usually breaks something;], expect graphical glitches),
- "MTvu"(rarer cause crashes some games cannot boot with it, commonly brakes savestates and it's generally never worth using when it's not needed couse it's gain is always smaller than additional heat and core usage which kills turbo - especially crucial on laptops, it's also give different results on different cpu types at some games it can give a slowdown actually),

OMG and "Framelimiter : Disabled" are you mad?^_^ You even know what "framelimiter" does? It's name is it's definition. It simply keeps your fps to never rise above full speed, that's pretty much what everyone desires unless grinding at that boring FFX playing through for the 100 time, and even then it's better to use turbo, couse there's nothing worser than limiting game speed by hardware performance - game doesn't demand same power for everything giving constantly changing fps as a result ~ worst ever gameplay experience.

Also maybe you don't know it - if anyone is lazy to change config when changing game he simply can use one of the launchers(ie. PS2Lunch) or any other way to store different config for different game;]. There's absolutely no reason to seek any other "universal" config than what we have by default which already uses all safe settings which universally work well for all known games;].

Guess I'm repeating myself here, but you should really read the guide.
(07-05-2012, 01:56 PM)miseru99 Wrote: OMG and "Framelimiter : Disabled" are you mad?^_^ You even know what "framelimiter" does?

Hahaha ^^ I didn't even notice that Tongue
<REDACTED>
(07-05-2012, 01:26 PM)Archerko Wrote: Plus, you should be aware already that there is high probability all the FPS you got were fake as you had the cycle stealing maxed out...

Greenhawk Wrote:(Though the PCSX2 window title bar showed FPS more towards 57-60fps, dropping occassionally to 47+fps, I can't rely on the values due to the cycle stealing.) Visually, I'm satisfied with the smoothness and speed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

miseru99 Wrote:@Greenhawk Yup, ok this thread isn't for us, but for who it is? Are those your personal notes?

Greenhawk Wrote:As for fellow gamers, I hope those who have a similar system or higher specs, can make use of this report to further enhance their experiences, adjust and tweak the options to get better results, and hopefully will in-turn, post their results to improve the outcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

miseru99 Wrote:OMG and "Framelimiter : Disabled" are you mad?^_^ You even know what "framelimiter" does? It's name is it's definition. It simply keeps your fps to never rise above full speed, that's pretty much what everyone desires unless grinding at that boring FFX playing through for the 100 time, and even then it's better to use turbo, couse there's nothing worser than limiting game speed by hardware performance - game doesn't demand same power for everything giving constantly changing fps as a result ~ worst ever gameplay experience.

?????

Works fine in my system this way. Worse performance if otherwise.

miseru99 Wrote:Also maybe you don't know it - if anyone is lazy to change config when changing game he simply can use one of the launchers(ie. PS2Lunch) or any other way to store different config for different game;]. There's absolutely no reason to seek any other "universal" config than what we have by default which already uses all safe settings which universally work well for all known games;].

Go and read the AIM again.

miseru99 Wrote:Guess I'm repeating myself here, but you should really read the guide.

Yes, same here. You should really read my Original Post.

...................................................................................................

Sorry guys. But you guys are just lame. As I said, if you think this thread is not for you, then don't blabber here. Continue posting elsewhere.

Are you people actually trying out my config and then commenting? Or just blasting out of your venerable experiences? Are you guys using the latest SVN?

Whatever it is...I just have to ignore you guys from now on. I'm happy with my experience so far, and whatever mindset you have won't change a thing. If in doubt, read the aim and notes again. I have more important things to do than to explain myself to change your attitudes and mindsets.

Let those who want to try to go ahead and proceed from there on.
Added Final Fight Streetwise report. Smooth and runs full speed. Please see notes above in the original post.
I really doubt your definition of smooth, but eh, have fun anyway.