Trying to Emulate 20" CRT TV (Screenshot)
I've been playing PCSX2 and while I have found some settings that look good on my 4K display, I can't get it anywhere near my PS2 hooked to an old 20" CRT TV via component. I've tried the built in settings/filters/shaders but still can't get it to look like the photo attached for Baldur's Gate: DA. Of course, the image on the TV (attached) is much more defined and sharp compared to the photo from my phone but you get the gist. Instead of making my emulated image super high res, I'm trying to stay CRt/old school. 

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(05-20-2016, 08:50 AM)digitalforce Wrote: I've been playing PCSX2 and while I have found some settings that look good on my 4K display, I can't get it anywhere near my PS2 hooked to an old 20" CRT TV via component. I've tried the built in settings/filters/shaders but still can't get it to look like the photo attached for Baldur's Gate: DA. Of course, the image on the TV (attached) is much more defined and sharp compared to the photo from my phone but you get the gist. Instead of making my emulated image super high res, I'm trying to stay CRt/old school. 

Any help is appreciated.

Never used the inbuilt shaders but I used to use SweetFX to good effect with software mode :

[Image: KOF.jpg]

Takes a bit of tweaking to look right but it's probably your best bet.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
This looks awesome! Can you share a quick tutorial and your config?

TIA
I would like to know too please, I have not used any shader before but sweet fx is something i'd want to try.....please  Ohmy
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7 4790k 4.00 Ghz

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
16GB Ram
Direct X11

OpenGL version 4.6
Current resolution: 3840x2160
I have been playing with the builtin/external shader for Lotte's CRT but no matter what settings I use, it doesn't look right. Any tips are appreciated.
(05-21-2016, 06:27 AM)digitalforce Wrote: I have been playing with the builtin/external shader for Lotte's CRT but no matter what settings I use, it doesn't look right. Any tips are appreciated
Attached my version of SweetFX to this post for you to download.  Download and extract it to your PCSX2 folder.  Change your PCSX2 GSDX settings to DirectX 9 Software.  Now you need to edit the SweetFX_settings.txt that should be in your PCSX2 folder.  Under "Choose Effects" you must make sure USE_ADVANCED_CRT is set to 1.  I also have several others turned on in mine such as USE_GAUSSIAN and USE_VIBRANCE but USE_ADVANCED_CRT is the important one. Now you need to have SweetFX_settings.txt open in a text editor and PCSX2 running with a game, if you changed USE_ADVANCED_CRT to 1 it should already look different.  While the game is running you need to ALT+TAB back to SweetFX_settings.txt and edit the values under "Advanced CRT Settings", these will vary depending on your screen resolution so you'll have to mess about with them for it to look right, especially the CRTResolutionX and CRTResolutionY values - mine was set to 1024 and 768 however PCSX2 was only outputting to a 800x600 screen so you'll have to play around to see what is right for you.  You'll probably want to tweak the other settings too such as Curavture Radius and Corner Size.  Also I have CRT Angle values both set to -0.01. Once you've made some edits to the settings, save the file and ALT+TAB back to PCSX2 and press the PAUSE key to reload the changes.  A lot of it is just trial and error but you can get it looking pretty good, maybe try enabling SMAA or FXAA to get rid of jaggies and USE_GAUSSIAN to help simulate the CRT glow.  Good luck.

Attached Files
.zip   Swfx_Injector_20130519_ArcadeCRT.zip (Size: 437,58 KB / Downloads: 1.025)
(05-21-2016, 02:52 AM)digitalforce Wrote: This looks awesome! Can you share a quick tutorial and your config?

TIA

(05-22-2016, 08:39 PM)Nijohc Wrote: Attached my version of SweetFX to this post for you to download.  Download and extract it to your PCSX2 folder.  Change your PCSX2 GSDX settings to DirectX 9 Software.  Now you need to edit the SweetFX_settings.txt that should be in your PCSX2 folder.  Under "Choose Effects" you must make sure USE_ADVANCED_CRT is set to 1.  I also have several others turned on in mine such as USE_GAUSSIAN and USE_VIBRANCE but USE_ADVANCED_CRT is the important one. Now you need to have SweetFX_settings.txt open in a text editor and PCSX2 running with a game, if you changed USE_ADVANCED_CRT to 1 it should already look different.  While the game is running you need to ALT+TAB back to SweetFX_settings.txt and edit the values under "Advanced CRT Settings", these will vary depending on your screen resolution so you'll have to mess about with them for it to look right, especially the CRTResolutionX and CRTResolutionY values - mine was set to 1024 and 768 however PCSX2 was only outputting to a 800x600 screen so you'll have to play around to see what is right for you.  You'll probably want to tweak the other settings too such as Curavture Radius and Corner Size.  Also I have CRT Angle values both set to -0.01. Once you've made some edits to the settings, save the file and ALT+TAB back to PCSX2 and press the PAUSE key to reload the changes.  A lot of it is just trial and error but you can get it looking pretty good, maybe try enabling SMAA or FXAA to get rid of jaggies and USE_GAUSSIAN to help simulate the CRT glow.  Good luck.

Fantastic -- Thanks for your help! 

Is the config file you attached the same settings that you used for the screenshot you posted above?
(05-23-2016, 05:52 AM)digitalforce Wrote: Fantastic -- Thanks for your help! 

Is the config file you attached the same settings that you used for the screenshot you posted above?

Ah no, sorry it's just the default. Attached it to this post for you though not sure how well it will work for you if you're using a 4K screen, you'll probably have to tweak the X,Y resolution values.

Attached Files
.txt   SweetFX_settings.txt (Size: 18,21 KB / Downloads: 735)