Trying to configure Dark Cloud 2 on new Laptop. HELP!
Hello! I've recently been gifted a Sony VAIO Laptop Laugh and I need to help configuring my PCSX2 for Dark Cloud 2. I've read a couple threads and have been tinkering with it for awhile now, and I have reasonable speed, but stuttering sound and random loss of FPS in areas with lots of NPCs. I know this is considered normal for most people, but I know nothing of all this configuration stuff and I want to see if I can milk my computer for anymore speed. Here are my specs:

Sony VAIO running Windows 7 OS with Intel Core i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53 GHZ
4.00 GB of Ram (3.67 available)
DirectX 11
Intel HD Graphics Video Card (Core i5)
RealTek High Definition Audio Card

Laugh Thank you!!!

Sponsored links

Well this might sound pretty gutting but ummm you don't have a graphics card, well you do but it's an Intel integrated GPU, which basicaly runs Windows.

Pcsx2 will run slow and PC games will run badly as well(Unless their pretty old).

The best thing you can do for Pcsx2 is run Dark Cloud 2 in an even lower resolution than native, try out 480x320 first and if still slow then go lower, to a minimum of 256x256 I think...

Soz mate Sad
<REDACTED>
don't expect good speed on that integrated GPU
it is design for browsing and multimedia uses(e.g.DVD movie,AVIs,) only
eXtreme gaming is impossible
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
O.O Wow. No card at all? I knew something was funny when I went to look and it said Intel..

Hmm. Well that poses a new question. What would a good video card for my current setup be to buy?

Or can I even do that? Lol. I know naught.

I feel so angry at myself for purchasing this laptop without researching it enough.
I am new to laptops and am having trouble finding information on laptop video cards, where to purchase them, and where to have them installed.

Anymore light shed on this matter will help.
Thank you!
Exactly which Vaio series is it? E or F or S etc
<REDACTED>
An E Series.

I also changed the resolution to what Fezzer told me to, and it worked significantly faster, but crashed once I entered the first level of the sewers. While I could play that level before changing the native resolution, only twice as slow.
Well I've heard that the sewers in FFXII are gpu-intensive and will make things difficult for your IGP generally, well many of the E-series, whether 13,15 or 17" have discrete ATIs it seems so you "Should" be able to buy a discrete GPU but DEFO check with somebody who knows more about hardware than me.
<REDACTED>
(12-25-2010, 05:40 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Well I've heard that the sewers in FFXII are gpu-intensive and will make things difficult for your IGP generally, well many of the E-series, whether 13,15 or 17" have discrete ATIs it seems so you "Should" be able to buy a discrete GPU but DEFO check with somebody who knows more about hardware than me.

Ok, thank you! Do any places like geek squad offer video card installation?

And the game I'm playing is Dark Cloud 2.
Tongue
it shouldn't be a shock to you that you bought laptop with integrated gpu, less than a year ago i was buying laptop and i was looking to purchase it in a store not online, and the only place that had any kind of selection of laptops with dedicated graphics card was micro center, as for best buy circuit city office max wallmart kmart target or any other place that sells electronics, 99% of their laptops have integrated chipset which is intended for online useage/movies, my guess is they do that because there isnt a huge demand of laptops with dedicated gpus because laptops are not ideal for gaming and dedicated gpu drives up cost of laptop significantly, no demant meas no point for supply because no money will be made

Also i dont think you can install dedicated gpu for your laptop, as you never had one, so that motherboard probably doesnt have gpu slot, itegrated chips are just built into mobo, even many laptops with dedicated gpu are that way
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
Visit notebookcheck.net before you go buying a laptop, it really helps. They no longer always trail behind desktops nowadays, as evidenced by the Malibal Nine and Falcon DRX. Obviously those are extremes but there are plenty of i7+DX11 spec laptops around at a much more affordable range which run the emu pretty well.

Wallmart et al retail type stores sell your run-of-the-mill fair-to-crap entry level laptops precisely because they are sufficient for the average home user. Emulation is not average home use.
Visit the official PCSX2 wiki: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/