Trying to get a PS3 controller working
I downloaded PCSX2 and set everything up, made sure everything was working etc. and now I'm trying to get PCSX2 to use my PS3 controller as it's input, but I have absolutely no idea about how to go about this, can any of you with experience give me a few pointers?

Sponsored links

Download the most recent release of SCP Toolkit which allows your PC to detect to DS3/4 controllers as an Xbox/Xinput controller https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
Scroll down the page and read the instructions, you should be able to find some quick guides on this tool on Youtube, as installing it is pretty straight forward.

Dualshock controllers are not natively supported.
AKA the Crimson Threadkiller
CPU: AMD R7 5800X UV'd | RAM: 16(2x8)GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz (OC'd +200) |
GPU: Palit Dual Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB UV/OC'd | OS: Windows 10 Home 21H1 | RES: 1080p165
(05-10-2017, 10:57 PM)maxen1416 Wrote: Download the most recent release of SCP Toolkit which allows your PC to detect to DS3/4 controllers as an Xbox/Xinput controller https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
Scroll down the page and read the instructions, you should be able to find some quick guides on this tool on Youtube, as installing it is pretty straight forward.

Dualshock controllers are not natively supported.
Thanks for the reply, that was part of the things I did, would I just need to rebind the controls in PCSX2 for my controller or would I need to install anything else?
(05-10-2017, 11:09 PM)danpat5555 Wrote: Thanks for the reply, that was part of the things I did, would I just need to rebind the controls in PCSX2 for my controller or would I need to install anything else?

Nothing from the top of my head, PCSX2 should have X360 binding pre-binded for you;
If not, just bind'em.
GPU: Palit Dual Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB UV/OC'd | OS: Windows 10 Home 21H1 | RES: 1080p165
(05-10-2017, 11:23 PM)maxen1416 Wrote: Nothing from the top of my head, PCSX2 should have X360 binding pre-binded for you;
If not, just bind'em.
Alright I'lltry again tomorrow, although when I tried it earlier it didn't pick up the input, as I said I'll check tomorrow. 

Thanks.
(05-10-2017, 11:28 PM)danpat5555 Wrote: Alright I'lltry again tomorrow, although when I tried it earlier it didn't pick up the input, as I said I'll check tomorrow. 

Thanks.

I might as well point out a common oversight, when using the installer, be sure to choose the correct USB in the drop-down list that has your controller plugged in it, then go through with the installation.
(05-10-2017, 11:32 PM)maxen1416 Wrote: I might as well point out a common oversight, when using the installer, be sure to choose the correct USB in the drop-down list that has your controller plugged in it, then go through with the installation.
I'll check that aswell, are the USB ports in the front or the back listed first?
For lilypad you have to bind the keys yourself before you are able to use the controller with PCSX2 and its NOT prebound for you at all. I think the only one that prebinds for a 360 controller is the other input plugin aka Pokopom
Still nothing after installing SCP toolkit. Have I missed something?
Did you actually run ScpToolkit Driver Installer from the desktop and choose your PS3 controller? Also you need to bind the keys in Lilypad