Trying to get that old school "CRT" look with SweetFx & PCSX2
[Image: kE1DIE5.jpg]
[Image: 57dTDaT.jpg]

The shader is very aggressively removing the further away parts of the image.
Notice that the game would pop in and out geometry there so the effect is most likely correct. Game devs wouldn't have wanted you to see the popups.
The game looks great with the shader. The gui is nicer and there's a lot more atmosphere than before.

Bonus:
[Image: TE4IiYF.jpg]
[Image: jk8RzdJ.jpg]

Sponsored links

Glad you're enjoying it, and yes I had the 'black spot' in the centre of the screen problem as well, just had to try a combination of resolution and curve radius to eliminate it.

I've now gone for an ultra authentic look:

Now bear in mind that on an a large CRT, as I originally played my games from a distance of 5 or 6 ft this 'blurred' look is pretty much how I remember it, from sitting in front of a monitor from only 18-24 inches it may seem really low res, but when i stand back from my PC monitor 5-6ft, it really is like a CRT look, too me at least.

[Image: rRx.png]

[Image: vRx.png]

[Image: zRx.png]

I've tweaked the contrast & Gamma settings and raised the monitor resolution setting from 4 to 5, which gives the authentic, thicker horizontal scan lines, rather than the finer, vertical lines from my earlier post.
System:

Fractal Meshify C Dark Tint
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Intel i9 9900K (5Ghz 1.335vlts)
BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 DDR4
EVGA RTX 2080
512Gb Gigabyte NVMe SSD (Boot Drive)
1Tb Crucial NVMe SSD (Games)
2Tb Seagate HD (Steam)
3Tb Seagate HD (Media)
6Tb Seagate HD (Backup, External)
Corsair 850w RMX Gold PSU
I just have to say, I remember when I switched from CRT to LCD and fell in love with how the screen looked "painted on" as I called it. And now I'm reading this thread marveling at how nice and warm some of the CRT like images look. I guess it's maybe how some people like the warm character of vinyl over CD.

I actually had my PS2 modded with a homemade VGA cable. And before that for years I played with component on an LCD. The last game I played on CRT was Soul Calibur 3.

But really, you can think of this as CRT+ in a way. Since we get the look without having to use inferior cables like composite or even svideo.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
These screens like fine when vied on my linuxbox attached to a 26" LCD HDTV but on my main pc with a 20" LCD Monitor these dont look all that great considering those scan lines would get real annoying real quick to me. So yeah I can see this working for some people but not me since I can obivously see the lines and they distract from the game badly for me.
Try the GS window zoom function. It shifts the pixels on some interpolation stages and might fix the problem.
Hey this looks really good, sorry to bump an old thread but I was just wondering if you have updated it a bit?
Is it possible to display only one field, framedouble it, and then blank/hide 1 out of 2 lines ?
I know most games were '480i' but this method would make them look '240p'. ^^
(the old XRGB scandoublers do this to PS2 interlaced video, it's kind of nice and fast but a bit shaky, guess an emulator would handle such a simple method better)
CPU: i5 4690K stock 3.5/3.9GHz clock (for now)
GPU: GTX 750 Ti Gigabyte OC 2GB Low Profile
RAM: 4Gb RAM dual ch pc12800 cas 8
HDD: 500Gb/32Mb cache
MB: MSI Z97 Pc Mate
FAN: Hyper 212 EVO