Laptop Type -
Desktop Replacement

Use - Home Use

Processor -
AMD Turion X2 RM-72 2.1 GHz

Installed Memory - 4 GB (DDR2 SDRAM)

Hard Drive - 320 GB Serial ATA, 5400 RPM

Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

I know what I have is extreme crap, or hardly any good. But I was wondering what I could replace in order to at least play SOTC decently. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored links

This what compability list says:
http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=search

you cpu is weak a litlle,try using the newest beta, it will work.

note: try using speedhacks ....
(09-09-2009, 09:57 PM)coder_fx Wrote: This what compability list says:
http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=search

you cpu is weak a litlle,try using the newest beta, it will work.

note: try using speedhacks ....

I have the pcsx-beta-1474, with all the speed hacks enabled. The game ISO file has been compressed by using Linuz Iso Dvd 0.9.0, ripped it straight from the PS2 CD. I'm currently trying out GSdx 1476 with Direct3D9 (hardware), it's kind of faster than the Direct3D10. The game graphics are just fine though, it's just slow (kind of skips). Thanks for the reply as well as the info.
Get the latest beta, use "native" in GSdx, use SPU2-X with "disable effects processing", use the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack set to moderate or higher and maybe set the clamp modes in "config > advanced" to none. Other than that there's not much you can do... oh and using a compressed ISO might just be adding overhead to the emulation should be better to only use the ISO without compressing.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-09-2009, 10:31 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Get the latest beta, use "native" in GSdx, use SPU2-X with "disable effects processing", use the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack set to moderate or higher and maybe set the clamp modes in "config > advanced" to none. Other than that there's not much you can do... oh and using a compressed ISO might just be adding overhead to the emulation should be better to only use the ISO without compressing.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Thank you! I noticed a dramatic increase in performance after configuring the clamp modes to none and VU cycle stealing to moderate. The only problem that I have now is the SPU2-X, the sound now sounds like a retarded robot (scared me because I had the speakers on full volume). I set it back though, and as for ISO-CD...no luck. The compressed version is faster for me. Thanks again for your advice! I'll be sure to report back if I have any more problems.
yeah it will do this becouse your cpu is weak.
(09-09-2009, 11:11 PM)coder_fx Wrote: yeah it will do this becouse your cpu is weak.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Smile
your welcome.
Well, your original question was if you could replace any parts to increase performance. Seeing as how it's a laptop, I highly doubt that. However, if you can(and there ARE some out there), look into replacing both your CPU and GPU.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(09-10-2009, 01:35 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Well, your original question was if you could replace any parts to increase performance. Seeing as how it's a laptop, I highly doubt that. However, if you can(and there ARE some out there), look into replacing both your CPU and GPU.

You're right. Most notebooks have the CPU and/or GPU integrated onto the motherboard, which is basically impossible to configure by myself (unless I order another motherboard, which is unlikely according to an HP adviser). Then again, my laptop was not strictly built for gaming. My current option was to sell the laptop I'm using and save up a thousand dollars for another one, but with a higher upgrade. I must apologize, forget the original question.