Trying to understand something about cheats and pnach
Question(s): How are the cheats in pnach found, and how are they linked to the cheats I can find at codetwink? I can find some using cheat engine, but I don't see the relevancy between using and finding the address by typing in what I find on codetwink.

I know I've mixing something up, here's an example of what I'm trying to understand.

(Found on codetwink)
Infinite Gil - 1A613D30 0000FFFF

(Found on cheat engine)
Address - 2031A028
Value - XXXXXXX (the X's are random numbers I can type in to have whatever Gil I want)

What I'm asking is, if this makes it easier to understand, is how are the cheats on codetwink found if cheat engine can't find them since the address and the codetwink comparisons are completely different?

What I was thinking:
I was thinking I could easily find the address to cheat engine faster by looking at codetwink cheats to modify them in cheat engine and make my own .pnach cheats. Apparently, I am way wrong.

EDIT: Why is it doing this? I don't understand... See picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS

Sponsored links

Codes on that site are encrypted, the one you posted was encrypted in codebreaker 1+ use omniconvert to decrypt it to raw and you'll get
Infinite Gil
1031A028 0000FFFF
now that's actually same what you find in cheat engine except raw codes use first letter of the address as a code type, the one there means only 2 bytes will be changed, hoewer if you want to add such code to cheat engine you change the 1 to 2;] getting 2031A028 as a result.

But your thinking about using some site to then find codes in CE to then convert it to pnach is just WRONG.
You can simply convert the codes directly from such site to pnach don't even need any knowledge for that, just very basic intelligence, ability of reading, using copy&paste and a few mouse clicks, use PCSX2CE it also has mentioned before omniconvert linked inside.;]
As long as the codes already exist and are easy to find you don't need to find them again, unless you really want to understand how some game stores it's data by yourself it'll be just a waste of time.

The errors in pcsx2 log are common when you're using wrong cheats or if the game is over-sensitive to cheating, never really used cheats on FFX thanks to existing editors soo I dunno how sensitive it is, my bet you just used non-raw codes in your pnach as one you posted above or patching too much with the codes which should be shorter;].
(08-16-2012, 08:02 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Codes on that site are encrypted, the one you posted was encrypted in codebreaker 1+ use omniconvert to decrypt it to raw and you'll get
Infinite Gil
1031A028 0000FFFF
now that's actually same what you find in cheat engine except raw codes use first letter of the address as a code type, the one there means only 2 bytes will be changed, hoewer if you want to add such code to cheat engine you change the 1 to 2;] getting 2031A028 as a result.

But your thinking about using some site to then find codes in CE to then convert it to pnach is just WRONG.
You can simply convert the codes directly from such site to pnach don't even need any knowledge for that, just very basic intelligence, ability of reading, using copy&paste and a few mouse clicks, use PCSX2CE it also has mentioned before omniconvert linked inside.;]
As long as the codes already exist and are easy to find you don't need to find them again, unless you really want to understand how some game stores it's data by yourself it'll be just a waste of time.

The errors in pcsx2 log are common when you're using wrong cheats or if the game is over-sensitive to cheating, never really used cheats on FFX thanks to existing editors soo I dunno how sensitive it is, my bet you just used non-raw codes in your pnach as one you posted above or patching too much with the codes which should be shorter;].

ok i always search for new codes in CE Tongue

i never thought of actually getting already made codes

however are the PS2 codes totally effective in PCSX2 ?

because you know just because the game looks 100% the same doesn't mean it would be 100% accurate

so is it me n00bing or emulation could effect the codes ?
(08-16-2012, 08:02 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Codes on that site are encrypted, the one you posted was encrypted in codebreaker 1+ use omniconvert to decrypt it to raw and you'll get
Infinite Gil
1031A028 0000FFFF

What Input and Output setting should I have it set to in omniconvert? (Assuming Input at the moment needs to be either Codebreaker v1/v7). How far off am I to finding out what the address is in Cheat Engine so I can save it to a table?
System:
@abdo123, the codes will work same as on the console, except those codes which are unsupported by pcsx2:
Code:
This info here describes raw codes;]
codes starting from 8,9,B,F doesn't work at all,
there's a bug with codes starting from D and E making the below case not work either:
Dxxxxxxx 0010yyyy
Dxxxxxxx 0020yyyy
Dxxxxxxx 0030yyyy
Exxxxxxx 1yyyyyyy
Exxxxxxx 2yyyyyyy
Exxxxxxx 3yyyyyyy
(D are generally used as a key activation, E are ones to skip codes, that's typically used to avoid bugs;3)
Ofc there always can be a case in which code will not work couse the game could be buggy on pcsx2;P, but then again it'll be same buggy if you convert it or find it by yourself;P(through good luck finding something that doesn't work ;O).

@trueshothaze Output always to unencrypted>standard(raw), input depending on the codes you have:], in the case of that code you had there it was codebreaker 1+, but you can find all kind codes in the net;], usually the autor says what code it is, otherwise you have to guess based on your experience.

The adress in cheat engine will be same as raw code except that you have to change the first letter of the adress from the raw code to 2. Just like in that example when the adress in raw code was 1031A028, to get the one you use in cheat engine change the first letter to 2 getting 2031A028 in the process. Generally that first letter is a code type, there are loads of different code types, the most basic/commonly used 0 - means the code change just byte of value, 1 - means 2 bytes value, 2 - full 4 bytes value(if you use higher value type in CE, you can cause bugs with such code;P), you can google for other code types if you will really have a need to know more about it;3.
(08-16-2012, 08:27 AM)miseru99 Wrote: @abdo123, the codes will work same as on the console, except those codes which are unsupported by pcsx2:
Code:
there's a bug with codes starting from D and E making the below case not work either:
Dxxxxxxx 0010yyyy
Dxxxxxxx 0020yyyy
Dxxxxxxx 0030yyyy
Exxxxxxx 1yyyyyyy
Exxxxxxx 2yyyyyyy
Exxxxxxx 3yyyyyyy
(D are generally used as a key activation, E are ones to skip codes, that's typically used to avoid bugs;3)
Ofc there always can be a case in which code will not work couse the game could be buggy on pcsx2;P, but then again it'll be same buggy if you convert it or find it by yourself;P(through good luck finding something that doesn't work ;O).

@trueshothaze Output always to unencrypted>standard(raw), input depending on the codes you have:], in the case of that code you had there it was codebreaker 1+, but you can find all kind codes in the net;], usually the autor says what code it is, otherwise you have to guess based on your experience.

The adress in cheat engine will be same as raw code except that you have to change the first letter of the adress from the raw code to 2. Just like in that example when the adress in raw code was 1031A028, to get the one you use in cheat engine change the first letter to 2 getting 2031A028 in the process. Generally that first letter is a code type, there are loads of different code types, the most basic/commonly used 0 - means the code change just byte of value, 1 - means 2 bytes value, 2 - full 4 bytes value(if you use higher value type in CE, you can cause bugs with such code;P), you can google for other code types if you will really have a need to know more about it;3.

I'm doing exactly as you're explaining, the thing that's not working that I'm trying so hard to get right is having Al Bhed completely translated.

Here's the codes for it from CodeTwink
2ADB137C 03FFFFFF

Here's what it looks like when converted to standard raw (from codebreaker)
patch=1,EE,C686E280,extended,1B9D369D

I've tried changing the 2 to 1, and even zero and nothing happens in-game using cheat engine. Do I need to change the "byte" beside value instead of trying to change the value?

EDIT: Sorry accidently posted the same code that wasn't covnerted to raw
patch=1,EE,C686E280,extended,1B9D369D
System:
(08-16-2012, 08:27 AM)miseru99 Wrote: @abdo123, the codes will work same as on the console, except those codes which are unsupported by pcsx2:
Code:
Dxxxxxxx 0010yyyy
Dxxxxxxx 0020yyyy
Dxxxxxxx 0030yyyy
Exxxxxxx 1yyyyyyy
Exxxxxxx 2yyyyyyy
Exxxxxxx 3yyyyyyy

OK thanks for the trouble teaching me Smile

got any helpful sites that usually offer high quality codes Wink
@trueshothaze Works for me, converted to raw that code should look like that:
Code:
Al Bhed completely translated
20319FF0 03FFFFFF
You didn't converted it at all, make sure to select input after selecting output or if output was already raw/unencrypted don't re-select it at all, couse omniconvert can be a slightly buggy with it's interface at times:].

@Abdo123 Google has them allTongue, I just search for a game name + "codebreaker"(mainly if the game is NTSC-U), or "gameshark" eventually "action replay" or "armax"(for example if the game is pal, as codebreaker is rarely used for pal games).
I'm going to bed my brain is just overloaded with so much stress, trying to learn something is really annoying when you're technically doing something right but the thing doesn't work... -.-
System:
Get a cooling system for your brain.

Well I reproduced your "slight problem" simply by choosing codebreaker v7 as input:], soo you simply selected wrong input(should be codebreaker 1+ and that's not V7+;P), ***** happens. Generally raw codes can be at most inside 20000000-21FFFFFF range, soo if it's any is at different one, it surely isn't raw.;3 If you don't know exactly what's the code encrypted with, try other ones inputs it doesn't fit that range or looks strange.