TwinPad v0.9.25
I have a question. I am trying to play Def Jam: Fight for NY. There is a sequence you have to press in order to perform a hard attack. The sequence is L1 and Triangle, or L1 and Square. Def Jam doesn't recognize when I press L1 and triangle/square at the same time, or one slightly after the other. I tried setting up a combo for it, but I can't figure it out. I was wonder if anyone knew how to do that or have done it themselves?

Sponsored links

Before anything else thanks for such a great plugin!!!
I was woundering if you could help in a small metter im having, the analog don't work at all, ive checked and rechecked the configurations and even tryed combos with them but nothing. I was realy looking to correct this so i could also use the combo for Lulu's overdrive.
i try config combo rotate right stick to do gs campaign in xenosaga II, but it cant do this, please help me
i have a problem with twinpad 0.8.3. I can't configure it.
My Windows is 7 64bit and i copy dx8vb.dll >> sysWoW64 but when i type "regsvr32.exe dx8vb.dll" in command prompt without the qoutes then press ENTER. it show "The module "dx8vb.dll" may not compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe" how can i do ?
(04-20-2012, 05:58 AM)majungsudrit Wrote: i have a problem with twinpad 0.8.3. I can't configure it.
My Windows is 7 64bit and i copy dx8vb.dll >> sysWoW64 but when i type "regsvr32.exe dx8vb.dll" in command prompt without the qoutes then press ENTER. it show "The module "dx8vb.dll" may not compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe" how can i do ?

when you run command prompt rightclick>properties>run as admin
try again
Thank you for TwinPad! I just tried it for the first time and it's the only plugin I can play "God of War" or "Maximo" with! The regular controller plugins do not recognize my digital input for the analog controllers.

Unfortunately the "ALT"-keys can not be defined as an action button. Why???? I'm using regular MAME keyset and I need the ALT key!!!
Edit: I remapped the "ALT"-key to another one using AutoHotKey. This works ok for me. But nevertheless being able to program the "ALT" key directly in TwinPad would be the better solution...

Moveover I always get the message "DirectInput Succeded to Initialize". Everytime I start PCSX2 this message appear. I have to click "OK" before I can continue - as I'm using PCSX2 with a front-end on a real arcade cabinet this behavior is very very unpleasant! What can I do to not have this window??

Please fix that!

Using WinXP SP3 32bit here...

EDIT: As the source is available - maybe somebody with coding experience could compile a version for me without showing the "DirectInput Succeded to Initialize" message? I'm no coder but maybe somebody could do me that favour?
Thanks for every post here so far! Everything is working except for the combo feature for me.

I am also trying out Lulu's overdrive but i found out the my twinpad will not execute the second action no matter what.

I set up a combo, first action being X and second action being X as well with a delay of 1, but as i press the assigned buttion, the X button was only executed once! for example, when i am at lulu's overdrive menu, fury is selected but the the second x button isnt executed to select the enemy so as to execute the Fury spell. so that why my overdrive combo did not work.

is there any fix for to allow my twinpad to execute the subsequent actions? Running windows 7 64bit here. Thanks alot for the help!

to majungsudrit: type regsvr32.exe C:/windows/syswow64/dx8vb.dll instead i had your problem too!Smile
use lilypad instead, twinpad has issues in ffx
(06-17-2012, 09:56 AM)applejdotz Wrote: Thanks for every post here so far! Everything is working except for the combo feature for me.

I am also trying out Lulu's overdrive but i found out the my twinpad will not execute the second action no matter what.

I set up a combo, first action being X and second action being X as well with a delay of 1, but as i press the assigned buttion, the X button was only executed once! for example, when i am at lulu's overdrive menu, fury is selected but the the second x button isnt executed to select the enemy so as to execute the Fury spell. so that why my overdrive combo did not work.

is there any fix for to allow my twinpad to execute the subsequent actions? Running windows 7 64bit here. Thanks alot for the help!

to majungsudrit: type regsvr32.exe C:/windows/syswow64/dx8vb.dll instead i had your problem too!Smile

You are doing it wrong. The way you are doing it as there is only one button pressed with two timings which means you pressed X once within 2 frames. Delay of 1 (first action) +1 (second action) = 2 frames. You have to specify between two actions a button RELEASE (i.e, leave the action empty with a delay value)

If you want to create auto-fire like combo:
- first action X with delay of 1 (X PRESS)
- second action "EMPTY" with delay of one (X RELEASE, in fact all buttons released)
keep holding the COMBO assigned key will press and release X insanely fast. If you try to create a combo for down key for example and do this in FFX and go through your items inventory, you will notice a big difference (you will be surprised)

Remember, empty action means buttons released, if two subsequent actions have the same button, that means continuous key press.

On a side note I did not touch PCSX2/TwinPad in ages.
I know there is one bug in Combo function in the source "off by 1" error
when executing the combo in the while loop. changing delay's pre-increment to post-increment will fix that. (this will make Ultima furies reach 9 instead of 8)
Didn't find time to fix anything, real life sux being (student+working) full time surly takes everything from me X_X
Can you remove the message "DirectInput Succeded to Initialize" with the need of clicking "OK"? A message should only appear if the connection has not been esablished successfully!