TwinPad v0.9.25
regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\dx8vb.dll
I am running on Vista Home Premium sp1.
I did everything here but it gives RegSvr32 error number 0x80070005 .
Just can't fix it and plug in is still not working Sad
I will be happy if anyone helps.

Sponsored links

Maybe check the first post? How hard could that be?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
1) If you have X86 version of windows, extract the DLL into: "C:\Windows\System32\"
If you have X64 version of windows, extract the DLL into: "C:\Windows\SysWow64\"
Assuming C:\Windows\ is the default windows path.. if it's not then find the System32 or SysWow64 inside your
Windows directory and extract it there..

2) Click Start->Programs->Accessories-> Command Prompt (right click, and select run as administrator <=-Important)

3) type.. "regsvr32.exe dx8vb.dll" without the quotes then press ENTER..

4) If everything is fine. it should give you Sucess message "dllregserver succeeded" , click Ok
and configure TwinPad, it should work.. Hopefully this will help..

I already did these steps in the first post. Blink
I mean it fails in the 4th step.At least for me it's so.
How to use:
Extract the DLL & EXE files inside the plugins folder, and you are ready to go..
to configure the plugin, run PCSX2 normally select TwinPad from the plugins' list and click on configure.
the TwinPad configuration utility will appear..

VISTA USERS: "ActiveX Can't create object error '429'" workaround..

Due to M$ stupidity, they dropped the support for DirectX 8 for VB in Vista it was supported in XP,
they will eventually drop DirectInput too once XNA is more mature, they say DirectInput is deprecated now.. heh..
And I am not willing to reWrite the whole Configuration utility, for 3 reasons:

1) It needs tremendous time and effort at this point (a lot of code and resources)
2) It's working.. (not for everybody, but it's working)
3) There is a simple solution to make it work for VISTA and Windows 7 too.. as some users tested it in Windows 7

Solution: download DX8VB.dll from here..

.zip dx8vb.zip (Size: 476,84 KB / Downloads: 2794)

1) If you have X86 version of windows, extract the DLL into: "C:\Windows\System32\"
If you have X64 version of windows, extract the DLL into: "C:\Windows\SysWow64\"
Assuming C:\Windows\ is the default windows path.. if it's not then find the System32 or SysWow64 inside your
Windows directory and extract it there..

2) Click Start->Programs->Accessories-> Command Prompt (right click, and select run as administrator <=-Important)

3) type.. "regsvr32.exe dx8vb.dll" without the quotes then press ENTER..

4) If everything is fine. it should give you Sucess message "dllregserver succeeded" , click Ok
and configure TwinPad, it should work.. Hopefully this will help..

SORRY- is not work

The Module "dx8vb.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer faile
with error code 0x80070005

Please help me Sad
hello . i have problem for my os windows 7 because the module "dx8vb.dll" was loaded but the call to "dllegisterserver failed .......... error 0x800......5" and click open twinpad.exe -- run-time error '429' how to fix? pls help me.. bro...

[Image: oa4tib.jpg]
[Image: ivbgw2.jpg]
^ Honestly did you search the internet about this error code as instructed by the message?

It simply means "Access denied" and that what happens when you try to modify the registry without
permission, thus you have to execute regsvr32 command as administrator/system user..

Anyways, IF I have extra time I will update the plugin with gui embedded in the dll, thereby you wont
need dx8vb.dll again, even linux port would be a possibility.
As a clue to the clueless sods, try running the command prompt with 'run as administrator' and type the regsvr32 command there.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Got a problem is Final Fantasy XII (International version)
left/right/up/down buttons always work in reverted mode. even changing up to down does not help.
other buttons work fine.
I am using the twinpad0.8.3 with pcsx2.0.7 and everything works fine! My only question is that in playing NCAA baseball and using buttons to do analog stick, it moves the curser over but when I let off button it moves cursor back. THe early version of twin pad would allow me to move cursor with mouse, but this one doesnt. Any ideas???
heh, weird problem. I managed to make the dll work (i think) but when i configure the plugins, it says it can't find the ini and to use it from PCSX2 program... which i do.

Edit: ok, just had to make a copy of my inis folder in the program files pcsx2 folder.