Two major issues I have
Hello everyone!
So I've been having two very specific game-breaking issues using PCSX2, that I will explain.

The first one occurs on Matrix : Path of Neo. Now, I know that you're supposed to play it in software mode to get an accurate and bug-free experience, but Software mode is way too slow for me. Plus, using DX11 @3x native I can easily get 120 fps. So I wanted to find a workaround to get rid of the blue layer that colored the whole screen in HW mode. (OpenGL is better looking but is also very slow on my computer for some reason) I came across this thread, in which a user found a workaround to get rid of this problem (basically setting skipdraw at 10). I used the exact same settings he used (which you can see in the thread), but in my case, most of the textures are blue, as opposed to the screenshots he provided (only minor ones are blue). I took some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about : 

[Image: omIqgP.jpg]
[Image: rEyTSz.jpg]

This also happened in the previous level, some ground textures and almost all wall textures were blue at some point. Character models don't seem to be affected. 

The second issue I have is when playing Death by Degrees, when I get past the tutorial level, save my game at the hotel room and progress forward, the game will always crash after the first loading screen. It also freezes my entire computer, so I have to manually restart it. I found a workaround in this thread, which details my problem : "Disabling CRC hacks the first time it crashed PCSX2 and the second it killed my PC (probably killed the GPU driver). This triggers after the first save point, after you jump through the life saving boats and after the now loading is done." I'm not sure what the poster meant, but I found that you can set the "CRC hack level", I've tried the game with all five different options but all of them crashed my computer.

So I hope you can help me find a solution to my problems.  Biggrin 
My specs:
Windows 10
Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2GB
4GB DDR4 Memory
1TO HDD
I'm using a developer version of PCSX2, v1.5.0-dev-1909-gae8aa35.
My settings are as follows : 
[Image: 6ja03s.jpg]

As for the emulation settings, I always use preset 4-Aggressive, with MTVU enabled. I tried running both games using the "slowest"/most accurate settings to see if my speedhacks broke the games, but it didn't work.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!  Smile

Sponsored links

not much you can do apart from using ogl in matrix PON, unfortunately. (yes, your GPU won't be good enough)... or play it on your PS2 for now

about Death by Degrees : please post the emulog after it crashes
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the answer ! Yeah I figured I'd end up playing PON on my PS2 but I finished it so many times already and wanted to play it in 1080p lol
As for DBD, here is the emulog - doesn't seem to be very helpful unfortunately...  Unsure (the whole computer crashed as usual)

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 5,91 KB / Downloads: 414)
Sorry for double posting, but could anyone help me? Smile Thanks !
tried with latest git ? with stable build ?
without widescreen hack ?
Hello! So I have tried with both 1.4.0 and the latest dev build, without widescreen hacks or speedhacks and it still crashes my computer.  Sad Honestly don't know what to do at this point
a shot in the dark : tried with your original PS2 DVD instead of iso ?
(05-16-2017, 07:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: a shot in the dark : tried with your original PS2 DVD instead of iso ?

Yes.  Sad Nevermind I'll just play it on my PS2 as well.