Two questions about PCSX 2
Hello all,

Sorry if these questions have been posted before but I just couldn't get a clear answer on them.

1. Is there any way I can enable widescreen for Rayman Revolution on the PCSX 2? I heard that you have to get a patch for it but I can't find it anywhere. Someone on YouTube seems
to have enabled it for the game. See linkt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrsZxsxlNXc

2. For some reason PCSX 2 doesn't give a full smooth 60 fps framerate but an fps just below that (around 59.90). Is there a way to let it reach 60 fps? I can see in the settings that an NTSC framerate is set to 59.94. But it's grayed out and I can't edit there. Is there a solution for this?

Specs:
Windows 10 x64 Pro
CPU i5-3570K
8 GB RAM
Geforce 660Ti

Sponsored links

1. Enable widescreen patches from the file menu and set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the GS Window option. If you have the latest version of the emulator, you shouldn't need to do anything else.

2. Games rarely(if ever) run at a constant framerate. You'll be averaging around 59.94 instead of getting a flat 60. As long as the % speed of the game doesn't wildly fluctuate you should be fine.
Since this a is a console its limited to 59.94 because that is what the NTSC standard is. and yeah the FPS is going to jump up and down a little as well. It drops as low as 58 for me and as high as 61 so I have audio set to Async instead of timestretch because of that otherwise the audio messes up in a number of games for me because of the fps.

As for widescreen enable widescreen patches from the drop down system menu and then go in and set it to 16:9 in the GS window section
(12-31-2016, 07:01 PM)Ulblast Wrote: 1. Enable widescreen patches from the file menu and set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the GS Window option. If you have the latest version of the emulator, you shouldn't need to do anything else.
2. Games rarely(if ever) run at a constant framerate. You'll be averaging around 59.94 instead of getting a flat 60. As long as the % speed of the game doesn't wildly fluctuate you should be fine.

Thanks a lot for the answers guys.

1. Ah, I apparently forgot to enable "Widescreen Patches" in the system menu! It works now. Thanks!

2. I noticed that the game doesn't have this smooth 60fps animation. Can someone see such a difference between 59.94 and 60 fps?

I am using the latest revision.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-31-2016, 10:46 PM)JohnnyGui Wrote: Can someone see such a difference between 59.94 and 60 fps?

No, i doubt it sincerely.

and 59.94 is the original framerate of an NTSC console.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-31-2016, 10:54 PM)refraction Wrote: No, i doubt it sincerely.

and 59.94 is the original framerate of an NTSC console.

Hmm, then I guess my emulator is running slower than that. Are there any other solutions to make it run 59.94 fps without changing the resolution or FSAA? Here's a screenshot of my settings:

That all depends on your computer specs and what games you're trying to play Smile Your specs above look alright, so what is the game? does it report 59/60fps?

(12-31-2016, 11:02 PM)refraction Wrote: That all depends on your computer specs and what games you're trying to play Smile Your specs above look alright, so what is the game? does it report 59/60fps?

I'm playing Rayman Revolution. It reports between 59.88 and a bit above 60 fps, but somehow I still don't feel the true 60 fps animations like when playing PC games.
are you using any speedhacks? specifically the speedhack sliders

many games will feel more like 30fps than 60 because consoles rarely did 60fps. you're actually getting 30fps interlaced, so you only get one frame every 2 frames.

(12-31-2016, 11:28 PM)refraction Wrote: are you using any speedhacks? specifically the speedhack sliders

many games will feel more like 30fps than 60 because consoles rarely did 60fps. you're actually getting 30fps interlaced, so you only get one frame every 2 frames.

Nope, not using any speedhacks and they're grayed out for some reason. There's only MTVU that I can enable. Should I do that?

About the interlacing, is it really 30 fps interlaced even if it shows that the framerate is around 60?

Perhaps Rayman Revolution uses 30 interlaced if so.