Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Super Convertor Help!!
Hi,

I bought a ps2 to usb convertor and I installed the driver that came with it. The problem I am having is that the analog sticks don't work. Everything else on it works, like all the buttons read and the vibration works, but it's the d pad and the joysticks that aren't working any help on it is appreciated. Please help me ASAP! It has been driving me nuts not being able to play games with my ps2 dual shock controller.

The adapter looks as follows:
Name: (USB Super Convertor For psx controller and usb connect 2 in 1, or USB PSII2 Player Convertor, or P2 controller adapter p2 to usb V4218 or G3001

The game pad options look like this:

I'm not able to change any controls or change from digital to analog.

Computer specs:

amd phenom X4 3.2ghz
6 gb ddr3 ram
320 gb hard drive
4870 radeon hd 2 gb card
vista ultimate 64-bit

Please help me on this. Thank you for your time!

Sponsored links

Can anyone help me? I think it might be a driver problem but I can't seem to fix it. Help is appreciated.
(04-05-2010, 07:17 PM)sky479 Wrote: BUMP
Can anyone help me? I think it might be a driver problem but I can't seem to fix it. Help is appreciated.
Well, if the application supplied by the converter's driver can't even manage the analog, then how PCSX2 is going to work with the analog?
It's not that no one wants to help, but there's just not much people using the same converter as yours around here.

Anyway, in the 'Function Test' part of your screenshot, what's 1(X), 2(Y), 3(Rz) and 4(Z) for?
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz (OC@2.8GHz)
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
I would gladly help if I could but your problem is just weird. I'm using Windows 7, and I didn't even have to look for the drivers, it installed one right away by itself. I tried that driver u are using myself to see if the Vibration would work in games and it didn't (no idea why).

Try removing the drivers and install it again to see if that fixes it. You could also try using the other connector or with a different PS2 controller just to scratch that off in case the controller/port is the problem.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
Thanks for the replies. I have tried different ports and no luck. I think its a driver problem, because for some reason everything works, but the two analog stick and the d-pad doesn't work.

To clarify the d-pad works as the left analog, and the two analog does nothing. Not sure, but either a driver or hardware problem.

I am pretty sure the controller works. The vibration and all the other controls work just fine its the d-pad and analog sticks that is the problem. Anymore help is appreciated. Thanks Tongue
Wait, does the D-pad actually works or not?

Have u try using an emulator or something along those lines and setting the keys in the D-pad?
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
Quote:To clarify the d-pad works as the left analog, and the two analog does nothing. Not sure, but either a driver or hardware problem.

I am pretty sure the controller works. The vibration and all the other controls work just fine its the d-pad and analog sticks that is the problem.

this happen to me once, but only if i was using the psone controller..
i think it's either ur controller or ur adapter is the problem...
the driver never been a problem to me, coz even without installing the driver the adapter work fine for me using the windows driver only there will be no vibration
CPU: AMD FX™-4100 3.6Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX
RAM: Mushkin 4GB DDR3
GPU: AMD RADEON HD6670