USB joysticks work fine in PCSX 1.6.0, aren't recognized in nightly dev build
Hey all -

I have an arcade cabinet with a bunch of emulators configred. I have PCSX2 1.6.0 working pretty good, and I went to see if there was an updated version since it's been a bit since I played with it.

Saw a lot of recommendations to move to the nightly dev builds as there's a lot more features. I downloaded the most recent and ran the EXE, but the problem is my controllers (4 player arcade cabinet with two USB encoders running two sticks each) just don't seem to be recognized in the nightly build, and I don't see a lot of options to change like with the lilypad plugin I currently use.

Current 1.6.0 settings and PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.3229 config screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Assuming the controllers still function with your normal OS (and the drivers has not been obsoleted or something)...

Play around with enabling/disabling options. Make sure the controllers are on if they need to be turned on. For example my wireless controller only shows up once it's powered on otherwise it's missing in the list, where with old version it would still show up as configured in the UI iirc.

Double check you've not done some custom ini injection shenanigans with the old version like with X360CE (Or scptoolkit or whatever) with version 1.6.
(08-22-2022, 11:25 PM)MrWizard Wrote: Assuming the controllers still function with your normal OS (and the drivers has not been obsoleted or something)...

Play around with enabling/disabling options. Make sure the controllers are on if they need to be turned on. For example my wireless controller only shows up once it's powered on otherwise it's missing in the list, where with old version it would still show up as configured in the UI iirc.

Double check you've not done some custom ini injection shenanigans with the old version like with X360CE (Or scptoolkit or whatever) with version 1.6.

Unless I'm crazy there's really no options to play around with.  In the screenshot I attached I tried pretty much every combination in the nightly build to no avail.  

The joysticks are seen in Windows and I've intentionally kept away from x360ce and vJoy this build because of the havoc they cause in trying to get all the emulators working.
(08-22-2022, 11:40 PM)Medullah Wrote: Unless I'm crazy there's really no options to play around with.  In the screenshot I attached I tried pretty much every combination in the nightly build to no avail.  

The joysticks are seen in Windows and I've intentionally kept away from x360ce and vJoy this build because of the havoc they cause in trying to get all the emulators working.

Yeah there's not many options to play with; I meant trying to enabling/disabling xinput and/or SDL... Perhaps something got obsoleted in controllers db and may need to work with developers to get it re-added. 

If the controllers show up in steam they should show up in PCSX2 though... Enable console window and perhaps something erroring out there of note. Here's what mine looks like when I start with controller on:

Code:
[    0.5339] (SDLInputSource) Controller 0 inserted
[    0.5347] (SDLInputSource) Opened controller 0 (instance id 0, player id 0): Xbox One S Controller
[    0.5347] (SDLInputSource) Rumble is supported on 'Xbox One S Controller' via gamecontroller

Edit: You can try some of the older 1.7x branch builds from build bot to see if it's a recent change or not for controllers not working to narrow it down more.

Good luck.