Ubuntu 10.04 - Plug in Problem.
Hello ?
I am currently using Ubuntu 10.04.
I download PCSX2 0.9.6 Linux Binary. Error message showed up When I double click PCSX2, it asked me to setup all the plugin.

However, Only Graphic Plug-in didn't show up. I can't find any solution for this matter. The error message is following:

Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/neowing/Documents/Games/pcsx2/plugins/': /home/neowing/Documents/Games/pcsx2/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory

I want to run latest beta but If I want to run beta, I need PCSX2 0.9.6, right ?
Can anyone have solution for this errors ?

From
neok

Sponsored links

Nope, the beta is stand alone, so I highly suggest you try that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I already try to run the beta: I donwload "Linux binary [3.1mb]" in the front page (PCSX2 0.9.7 beta released!).
I double clicked pcsx2, but it does not run.

Following is what I did:
Download file -> Uncompressed it -> Placed it in download folder -> double clicked pcsx2.

Do I need something to download to run "pcsx2" in Ubuntu 10.04 ?

From
neok
so all you did was double click the pcsx2 icon with the gears? That doesn't work in Ubuntu, or at least it didnt for me. go ti the terminal, cd into the right directory, and try ./pcsx2
i have the same problem. It tells me ZLIB_1.2.3.5 and ZLIB_1.2.3.3 are not found
ive been trying to install the libraries but it wouldn't work for some reason. I just got Linux yesterday so i hardly know what i am doing xD i have programed using Linux in highschool but that was a while ago. Anyone know how to install the missing libraries? ive already tried get-libs
I just got the libraries from libz.net and installed them. Now pcsx2 loads but has a relocation error but im not sure what it means.
(06-01-2010, 04:29 AM)Urisma Wrote: so all you did was double click the pcsx2 icon with the gears? That doesn't work in Ubuntu, or at least it didnt for me. go ti the terminal, cd into the right directory, and try ./pcsx2

Today, I try it with your solution, and I got the different error messages:

./pcsx2: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From
neok
Neok, your first issue (with 0.9.6) can be solvied by installing the following packages:

sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev automake1.9 libbz2-dev libasound-dev nvidia-cg-toolkit libglu1-mesa-dev libglew1.5-dev

Now, the latest one happens to me also but only with 0.9.7. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 32bit and I get this error whenever I try to run pcsx2.

./pcsx2: relocation error: ./pcsx2: symbol _ZN12wxSizerFlags24ReserveSpaceEvenIfHiddenEv, version WXU_2.8.8 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 with link time reference
I already have "libwxbase2.8" and "libwxgtk2.8" but it didn't help.

System specs:
AMD Athlon II x2 420 (@3.7Ghz)
2gb DDR3 1333 (@1600)
GeForce 8800 GS 384 RAM (latest drivers installed)

Thanks in advance!
EDIT: This thread helped me get it running perfectly! http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Lin...9-06-01-10

Emulation of 3D games is still REALLY SLOW tough (24fps) and my system specs aren't that bad. Any help?
when I click the icon, a window comes saying that its a beta build and there are a few missing options and other stuff like that. then i click ok and nothing happens. am i missing something? i already downloaded the dependencies and such.
any suggestions?

ty!
pcsx2 0.9.7 won't work on ubuntu =/ Let's wait for the next beta.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.