Unable to run beta (DLL error)
I just installed the beta 1888, and I get this error upon trying to run it (see attachment).

That particular DLL file is present in the directory that it mentions. I'm using Windows 7 running DirectX 11. I've read that this DLL file has to do with DirectX, but I believe my DirectX is up to date.

How can I fix this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My system:
CPU: Intel Core i7 860 2.8 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
GPU: ATI Radeon 5870, 1024 MB

Sponsored links

it deals more with VC++.
try installing VC redist http://download.microsoft.com/download/5...st_x86.exe
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I was able to install the VC redist fine, but got the same error upon trying to run the beta. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the beta too, and rebooting, but still got the error.

I tried installing and running it on my other machine running Windows XP and I was able to run it without this error (though I wouldn't actually want to run it on this machine as it has a crap processor and graphics card).
My system:
I just now tried the 0.9.7 beta and got the same error. I selected to install the C++ redist in the installation wizard, and I also downloaded and installed the latest DirectX runtime from Microsoft just in case, but still no go. 0.9.6 works just fine (except for the CTD in Final Fantasy X International that prompted me to try the beta in the first place).

*sigh*
My system:
That error really sounds like a classic case of corrupted DLL; basically Windows is saying it can't even recognize it as being a valid DLL. The DLL belongs to the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redist.

The link posted by jesalvein is for the Visual C++ 2010 redist, which is probably why it's not fixing your problem. Try this link instead:

http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/files/vcredi...p1_x86.exe

That should give you the option to fully uninstall and then reinstall the 2008 SP1 redists. Hopefully that'll fix your corrupted DLL.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
That didn't work either. I was able to completely uninstall the redist then reinstall it, and I got the same error. Uninstalling didn't actually remove that DLL. It was still there in that directory.

I get the same error whether the redist is installed or not. The only thing I've found that changes this is if I move the DLL out of the directory, in which case I get a different error saying that the DLL is not present.

Man, this is frustrating.
My system:
I got it working finally. I figured that since I wasn't getting this error on my Windows XP machine I could just copy that particular DLL and replace it on my Windows 7 machine. The beta looks great (although unfortunately it didn't resolve my CTD issue in FFX International).

Edit: Got the CTD issue fixed as well. Turns out the problem was a bad ISO. I re-ripped the ISO from the disc and it works fine. Sweet.
My system: