Underutilization of computer resources?
So I tried it, and neither value even got close to 100%. The highest I saw for each were 32% and 21%, respectively.

Sponsored links

And other games are okay?

Are you using MTVU?

If you are, turn it off. If you aren't turn it on.

That's all I really know to suggest >_<
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
My other games work acceptably, but considering it's only things like VP or Disgaea I don't think they're entirely comparable.

But no, I haven't messed with that one yet. I'll give it a shot.
If the EE% Counter is very low then its possible for the GPU to be the bottleneck.

And by looking at your Specs its probably the case:
GPU processor: GeForce GT 740M
Memory interface: 64-bit
Memory bandwidth: 14.72 GB/s
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB DDR3
Bus: PCI Express x8 Gen3

64-bit, DDR3 and only PCI-E x8 is very bad for gaming. Thats somewhere between an old Geforce 8500/8600GT.
Try to lower the resolution to something like 512x512 and/or activate the "Allow 8-bit Textures" option and see if it gets better.
Well actually, using the 'hardware' setting for the Direct3D kicks my framerate to right where I need it to be. The reason why is pretty obvious though; it's missing half the textures.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3238/jl.png

The point in that picture is what I consider to be the first instance of 'combat'; it experiences a similar lag to the actual fighting. The picture is using the 'hardware' setting.

But if it is the 64-bit interface, is there anything I can do about it?
Oh! You are running in software mode? Either you didn't say that before or I missed it!

In the GS settings, change number of extra rendering threads. Increase it by one, try, increase it by one. Don't go over 2 since your processor is only 2 physical cores. And never mind the MTVU hack if you run at full speed in hardware.

If you are using software mode, your gpu is NOT the bottleneck. Software mode is rough!
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh, so then I should just be running it in hardware with the extra threads? Will that solve the texture issues from the pic above though?

Actually, adding threads doesn't appear to have much of an effect on either graphics or fps. I love the speed it runs at on hardware, but something's wrong with that texture rendering.

EDIT: I was utterly, completely wrong. As weird as this sounds, running it in software mode and stacking on the threads somehow made the fps stay high. I can play it! Laugh

So again, thank you everyone for your help and your patience!
(11-09-2013, 03:03 AM)Durbs Wrote: Oh, so then I should just be running it in hardware with the extra threads? Will that solve the texture issues from the pic above though?

Actually, adding threads doesn't appear to have much of an effect on either graphics or fps. I love the speed it runs at on hardware, but something's wrong with that texture rendering.

EDIT: I was utterly, completely wrong. As weird as this sounds, running it in software mode and stacking on the threads somehow made the fps stay high. I can play it! Laugh

So again, thank you everyone for your help and your patience!

Yes, that's what I meant for you to do.

Software mode is rendered on the CPU. Adding extra threads can make it use resources it might not otherwise(extra cores, HT) and also use up any remaining %s not being utilized on cores that are getting used.

Those extra threads are only spawned in software mode, since hardware is done on the GPU.

Honestly I'm surprised it boosted it to playable speed but there you go!