Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uninstalled Improperly 0.9.6!
Thumbs Up 
Help me asap...
Ya I feel like an idiot because I can't remove the left overs. I dear not try any methods yet and after searching through hrs of posts no one has made the same mistake that I have made here recently. lucky me.
So Yeah I was being bright and while cleaning out my drives after I copied the 0.9.6 PCSX2 folder on to another drive, I like slammed my big fat head on my keyboard and it made a beeping sound that which says delete this folder? and I continued idiotically with the original. Thinking the whole entire time that this program was an open source program! Ergo the copying of the emulator folder. Little did I know i was wrong tehehe and now I'm stuck with a few files. Afraid I'm going to be forced to look through the annoying KEYS and REGES and manually remove the left overs. lol

I don't know what steps I should take 1st atm. I figured ask you guys it's your program ^_^. Surprisingly I could delete most of the folder with out an error or uninstalling it improperly. However the files that did stay behind were obviously the mem-cards those little encrypted turds and the patches and plug-in's, as well as the executable app and the 2 adobe help files. Everything else got deleted so yeah... Plz help me remove them ASAP!!!

Sponsored links

Sorry man, most part of your post makes no sense to me at all. Ok, the part about you making a big mess was clear.

Those little encrypted turds are so difficult to delete as right clicking them and, surprise, delete. actually you could do that for the entire folder, better yet, the very root folder the whole thing is.

Still it may left a leftover in the Recycle bin but I don't know how to empty it, so you may need to wait someone else to help there.

Now, for the register thingie, I would suggest regclean or something, unless you like the search and destroy by hand approach.

About PCSX2 not being open source, I knew it was a conspiracy and the source is given freely just to fool the naives...
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-03-2010, 09:16 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: About PCSX2 not being open source, I knew it was a conspiracy and the source is given freely just to fool the naives...

LOL yeah about that, well look at the PS1 Emulator, No need to install it just extract and run so that's my definition of open source or like Firefox but then that's needs to be installed hmm...well I'm getting off track here. Smile

OK well I don't know if I rebooted but I think I fixed it! I tried a second attempt to delete the left overs not in my recycling bin. I don't use the old fashion method of deleting. That method isn't even secure to be called fully deleted, but most times I rather overwrite the file with a random data pass you know. I use Eraser to delete my junk and stuff. It took about 2 hrs+ when going through the pnach files again but yes this time it succeed in deleting the rest of the files except for that memcard folder and it's files. So then I broke out Perfect Uninstaller program and have it search the folder for similar files across my hd. Which it found like 3 of the same else where. After that I tell it to remove them and poof problem solved.

I don't know if this could have been prevented by configing and removing all plugin's and disabling the memcard which was probably still connected and when I deleted it that's what messed it up or it's path. I didn't configure anything to be removed b4 deleting the folder.
If there is by chance left overs still, then I'll just reinstall the emulator and then uninstall with that program that well fix it. Anyway thnx for helping. Smile
I don't think I well reinstall this version 0.9.6 because I have been using the beta.r1888 version. I love it, had no problems pertaining to the actually emulator yet.
(07-03-2010, 09:16 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Still it may left a leftover in the Recycle bin but I don't know how to empty it, so you may need to wait someone else to help there.
I generally use a live linux CD to erase hidden things in the bin frm time to time