Uninstalling the PCSX2 v1.2.1 generates a detection of Virus or Malware.
Thumbs Down 
Hello people of the forum, I want to share to you a problem... I'm trying to uninstall version PCSX2 v1.2.1 but, my antivirus "Avast Premier" detects the uninstaller executable " Uninst-pcsx2-r5875” as a VIRUS or MALWARE.

I restored the file "Uninst-pcsx2-r5875" repeatedly to run again, I have also changed increasingly antivirus settings, but unfortunately the result has been the same, is still detected as a virus or malware.

Please if anyone can call or contact the creator of the uninstaller PCSX2 v1.2.1 and ask why this problem happens with the antivirus ... I imagine that many other users who also want to uninstall this version of PCSX2 to install the new version 1.4 0, they could have a similar problem with their antivirus.

The important thing is to find out what are the risks of damaging something in the Windows registry or if it is made is a crack in the safety of Windows subsequently, then if I run the uninstaller without antivirus protection.

Attachment in this post seven screenshots, in which I have highlighted the most important points about Malware detection.

Please help me to find the best solution to remove the PCSX2 v1.2.1 without propitiate some damage to Windows.

For reference, the characteristics of my PC are:

- Windows 10 Pro
- Avast Antivirus Premier (100% Updated)
- PCSX2 v1.2.1 (Installed)

As additional data: The PCSX2 v1.2.1 yes worked fine on my PC, The reason why I decided to uninstall it was because I wanted to do a clean install of the new version PCSX2 v1.4.0

Remember fellow forum, that my intention is not just to find out how to uninstall it, because I do know that for to uninstall it, I just should disable the antivirus and proceed to run the uninstaller "Uninst-pcsx2-r5875".

What I want is to know if there is a real risk in doing that, because if so, better not uninstall and manually delete all that I can.

I anticipate my thanks for the help you can offer me.

Excl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

actually, evry single user who has uninstalled pcsx2 1.2.1 has been infected with the virus pcsx2 team had made for them.
They all lost their data on their hard disk.

Or...

They just performed a google srach and finally learnt what "false positive" means Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Why doesn't use archive files without uninstall file
False positive.
Guess who
I've found a link call false positive virus
http://lifehacker.com/5521993/how-do-you...as-a-virus

Also in this link
http://www.howtogeek.com/180162/how-to-t...-positive/
It's that time again........

[Image: iWKad22.jpg]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(02-20-2016, 03:55 PM)Akiyama Wrote: Guess who
I've found a link call false positive virus
http://lifehacker.com/5521993/how-do-you...as-a-virus

simply brilliant investigations Tongue
Process Explorer
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi...lorer.aspx

Set it to test against total virus it ill test agains 50+ AV scanners. PCSX2 has no virus in it
I realize some people may not like this comment but even though pcsx2 and pcsx2.net is generally safe. There are several virus scanners detecting them as unsafe which is something I think the pcsx2 team needs to learn how to better manage.

Not all that long ago I had notified several members of the pcsx2 team about an attachment on the website that was being detected as a virus. Of course I knew it was a false positive and just recently there was another attachment that had the same detection. The attachments in question were of nothing important and could have very easily been removed hence removing any detections from pcsx2.net which would have been the smart thing to do. But they chose not to. So how can anyone expext the emulator to be clean of false positives when they can't even keep they're own website clean?

Please keep in mind I'm not being disrespectful at all. That's just my way of making the point.
(02-20-2016, 10:14 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I realize some people may not like this comment but even though pcsx2 and pcsx2.net is generally safe. There are several virus scanners detecting them as unsafe which is something I think the pcsx2 team needs to learn how to better manage.

Not all that long ago I had notified several members of the pcsx2 team about an attachment on the website that was being detected as a virus. Of course I knew it was a false positive and just recently there was another attachment that had the same detection. The attachments in question were of nothing important and could have very easily been removed hence removing any detections from pcsx2.net which would have been the smart thing to do. But they chose not to. So how can anyone expext the emulator to be clean of false positives when they can't even keep they're own website clean?

Please keep in mind I'm not being disrespectful at all. That's just my way of making the point.

it false positive... it not pcsx2 team problem that certian AV seeing it as viruse those AV products are the ones which are doing the false postive and need to update there definition. you are also implying there website is unclean...