Universal crash bug
Hi guys, first time poster long time lurker.

I'm having a serious problem where at around the ten minute mark pcsx2 crashes. This happens on every game, without fail. I have the latest (1.2.1) and am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

This used to happen to me too until I applied the 4gb patch. Really though, they really need to make the jump to 64 bit with pcsx2.
(08-02-2015, 05:18 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: This used to happen to me too until I applied the 4gb patch.  Really though, they really need to make the jump to 64 bit with pcsx2.

Where would I find that? On the git page I assume?
You didn't even specify the name of the game yet, only a certain few games need the 4GB patch.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(08-02-2015, 05:18 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: This used to happen to me too until I applied the 4gb patch.  Really though, they really need to make the jump to 64 bit with pcsx2.

That's nonsense.

There's literally only a handful of games out of the 1000s that require the 4GB patch.
It's probably something else weirdly causing it, but 4GB is NOT a requirement to use PCSX2.

@OP: Since you mentioned playing for 10 minutes, it can be various things such as memory leaks occurring, or even overheating. Did you check your temperatures while playing? What were they like? And like ssakash mentioned; which games are you talking about? Name a few.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(08-02-2015, 08:38 AM)Ryudo Wrote: That's nonsense.

There's literally only a handful of games out of the 1000s that require the 4GB patch.
It's probably something else weirdly causing it, but 4GB is NOT a requirement to use PCSX2.

@OP: Since you mentioned playing for 10 minutes, it can be various things such as memory leaks occurring, or even overheating. Did you check your temperatures while playing? What were they like? And like ssakash mentioned; which games are you talking about? Name a few.

It happens on every game I have Front Mission 4, Tales of the Abyss, Persona 4, Kingdom hearts, Radiata stories etc. My memory still has 10gb to spare. Also according to speedfan emulating bumps my temp by maybe a degree or two? (I have a nice comp) And so far the 4gb fix seems to be working for Tales.
What output is your spu2x plugin set to? Is it xaudio2 or portaudio?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]