Unplayably slow!
So after finally getting this silly emulator working it's slow as hell. Closedeyes

I'm playing Harvest Moon AWL SE, and I haven't even gotten through the beginning of the intro sequence after almost an hour because it's so hideously slow...

I'm using an almost brand new eMachines laptop, with Vista on it.

I have no background programs or anything running, and I have all the so called speedhacks on...

No idea what I'm doing wrong now Sad

Sponsored links

Post some info about your system, dood. Like...CPU speed, RAM, GPU, etc.
Also, post your PCSX2 settings, and plug-ins and such.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
yes ur system info and plugins versions and pcx2 version and ur setting configurations ............
Um...eMachines are absolutely horrible for anything other than word processing/internet browsing
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
ok ur system is strong enough to play ps2 games. ist of all use pcx2 1190 beta version and r1425 ssse3 plugin all speed hacks on and microvu both options on u will defiantly get speedup and u try any other games ?????
(06-24-2009, 11:33 AM)luckysingh Wrote: ok ur system is strong enough to play ps2 games.

how do you know?? he only said "eMachines"! and the chances are, it is far from it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-24-2009, 11:40 AM)refraction Wrote:
(06-24-2009, 11:33 AM)luckysingh Wrote: ok ur system is strong enough to play ps2 games.

how do you know?? he only said "eMachines"! and the chances are, it is far from it.

well because in the bottom he specified his configuration its,t it???
Refraction; Compaq bought emachines to be their low-end system line, then Acer bought Compaq and now Compaq is Acer's mid-line system line and Emachines is their low-end. So Emachines basically means that it is a low-end system with onboard graphics and a puny CPU.
(06-24-2009, 12:42 PM)luckysingh Wrote: well because in the bottom he specified his configuration its,t it???

i dont know where you are seeing that, cos i dont, all i can see is KrazyTrumpeter05's specs, not the OP
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

... and it's a laptop, most likely with low-end on-board video using shared memory, speedstep-enabled, norton anti-virus pre-installed, and who knows what else to bog it down. Yeah you're going to have a lot of work ahead of you if you want to be emulated PS2 games from an eMachines laptop.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team