Unprovoked yet predictable FPS drops
(05-03-2014, 03:16 AM)Anvanaar Wrote: Okay, here's a Core Temp reading while the emulator is running and I am doing the standing still thing in battle.

[Image: XCRT9WM.png]

Greets,
Anvanaar

As tsunami said, it's a heat issue and you are definitely throttling. Notice how it shows your clock frequency at 1.7 Ghz?

So, first thing to do is get some canned air and clean out your case. Get all the dust out and clean off your CPU and case fans. Make sure you have good cable management going on, good airflow, etc. If that doesn't cut it, then it's time to start looking at new CPU coolers.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Yeah... cleaned the vent and heat sink (and the rest while I was at it)...

[Image: FSzhoG5.png]

... and as you can see my CPU is now havin' a forkin' good time at a leisurely maximum of 54 °C while stresstesting it with graphical effects as much as I could. >.>

Hehe. Cleaning the vent and heat sink... y'know, considering I'm a guy who started making money by fixing this kind of stuff for other people when he was thirteen years old, you'd think I wouldn't be so moronic as to not get the idea to try the most obvious and easy solution one could possibly think of in this situation.

... yeah. xD
Runs like a charm now, can't even tell if she gets any louder while playing with headset on.

Well then, a huge "Thank you!" to everyone who volunteered to compensate for missing brain activity on my part! Laugh
Again, thanks a bunch Smile

Greets,
Anvanaar
I like the reference to your female pc. You made her hot and she became loud? That's just natural. Laugh
Hey, don't speak about little Mable in such a dirty manner!
She's technically only a few years old Laugh

Greets,
Anvanaar
yah heat throttling happens at much lower temps on amd which one reason why i hate amd other then they make terrible cpu's when compared to intel at same speeds. there great for multi core/ threading, but we live in world were single core performance is king due to alot software developers not wanting to programing multi core correctly in to there software which why i dont put much stock in more then 4 cores or amd atm.

Im not say AMD terrible im just saying in comparison to Intel speed for speed they cant compete. for the price of amd you can go wrong

my cpu never passes 55c under any kind load short of doing prime 95 stress test and the fan on my cpu hs is barely doing 1k rpm and been locked at that since i made the pc my voltage controller on the mb and gpu run hot.

But yah ever 6 month at min one should clear the dust out. if you got case with fan filters even better if you dont i recommend them as they keep the dust out of the pc and in the filters
Well, anyway, now it's running absolutely awesome.
I mean - wow. I honestly didn't think it would run THIS well.

Playing every game at a smooth 60 FPS in FullHD with normal settings and without speedhacks now, no problems at all. xD
I thought it would run well, but I didn't think it would run this awesome! Hell, BT3 even lets me play 2-Player Mode without any performance issues, and as far as I've heard that's almost twice as demanding.

Again, thanks a ton. (Still can't believe I was such an idiot. O.o)
I am so reliving my PS2 childhood right now... *-*
(Currently playing Final Fantasy XII again... can't believe it has been so long since I've played all these classics!)

Greets,
Anvanaar