Unsure of problem
I downloaded the latest version of the emulator and am using the newest versions of the plugins.

PLUGINS:
Graphics ZeroGS 0.97.1
Sound P.E.Op.S. SPU2 DSound driver 1.4.0
CD/DVD-ROM P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.2.0

I put in my copy of Xenosaga to test if I had configured correctly.
The emulator boots up fine and then just goes to a black screen with no error message or anything. My frame rate is huge so its not slow to load, it just doesn't get past the point of starting. Help?

Also here are my system specs.
Intel Dual core processor 6300 @ 1.86GHz
1.5 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7400 LE
I am running Windows XP media center with SP3

Sponsored links

Try using the latest plugins and GSDx. AFAIK (or I am updated, haven't logged in for a while xD) GSDX way more developed than ZeroGS. oh, but also, what configuration do you have?... I can't believe you about the huge frame rate since Xenosaga is a very intensive game for emulation, and even sometimes a 2.5 ghz doesn't make the cut o.o (not to mention the video card, that is too weak)
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(02-28-2010, 05:35 AM)Razeil100 Wrote: [...]
PLUGINS:
Graphics ZeroGS 0.97.1
Sound P.E.Op.S. SPU2 DSound driver 1.4.0
CD/DVD-ROM P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.2.0
[...]

I think changing the plugins could help you. The currently best ones (usually, might depend on the game) are GSDX for graphics, SPU2-X for sound and Linuz Iso as CDVD plugin (you mustn't mount your image when using this, just select it in Linuz Iso's config dialog). Perhaps these changes fix your problem.

(02-28-2010, 05:35 AM)Razeil100 Wrote: I downloaded the latest version of the emulator and am using the newest versions of the plugins.
[...]

Which one do you mean? This is currently a pretty undefined term Tongue. Do you mean the stable 0.9.6., the r1888 beta (latest) or a revision with the new gui?

(02-28-2010, 06:46 AM)marche1990 Wrote: [...]
AFAIK (or I am updated, haven't logged in for a while xD) GSDX way more developed than ZeroGS.
[...]

Yes, it's still that way, it's a huge difference.

(02-28-2010, 06:46 AM)marche1990 Wrote: [...]
I can't believe you about the huge frame rate since Xenosaga is a very intensive game for emulation
[...]

No, this can happen. If his screen stays black and the emulator is obviously not loading anything, the framerate will sure be pretty huge. I mean, where should the resources go if PCSX2 fails loading, there's is not much to emulate then^^.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Try making an ISO of the disc (I recommend ImgBurn to do it) and then run it with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin. If you currently have an ISO and have it mounted try to unmount it and run it with the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Xenosaga won't work normally with ZeroGS. Up to date plugins: GSDx, LilyPAD, SPU-X, LinuzISO. You won't achieve comfort speed with your specs.