Updates failing to install
I hadn't been on PCSX2 in a while, the last time I updated being September 27th last year (v1.7.5064), but now it's not letting me update to the current version, instead coming up with an error saying "Failed to open 'C:/Users/(computer name)/Downloads\update.7z': 3", followed by "Could not open update zip ' C:/Users/(computer name)/Downloads\update.7z'. Update not installed." I looked for a while, but I couldn't find any mention of this kind of error, does anybody know how I could get it to update?

Thanks

Sponsored links

better download all new pcsx2 nightly from the website and install from scratch
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-19-2024, 04:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: better download all new pcsx2 nightly from the website and install from scratch

Damn, I was hoping i wouldn't have to do that, do you know if there's any way I could prevent this from happening in the future and if I can transfer my game hours, or is game hours part of saves?
You don't need to delete anything. just drop the contents of the download into the your existing folder. Everything is kept around.
(04-20-2024, 06:32 AM)MrWizard Wrote: You don't need to delete anything. just drop the contents of the download into the your existing folder. Everything is kept around.

Avoid this at all costs ..
Make a new folder, extract the freshly downloaded one into it, transfer your memcards/bios and you should be fine
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-19-2024, 03:22 PM)frazzledazzle Wrote: I hadn't been on PCSX2 in a while, the last time I updated being September 27th last year (v1.7.5064), but now it's not letting me update to the current version, instead coming up with an error saying "Failed to open 'C:/Users/(computer name)/Downloads\update.7z': 3", followed by "Could not open update zip ' C:/Users/(computer name)/Downloads\update.7z'. Update not installed." I looked for a while, but I couldn't find any mention of this kind of error, does anybody know how I could get it to update?

Thanks

I had the same issue but I was able to figure out why it wasn't updating on my end. I created a shortcut to my desktop but instead of using pcsx2-qt.exe, I used to pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe. Once I booted up the non x64, it updated without any issues.