Upgrade Save State Version help
Hi,

I wanted to update from PCSX2 v.1.0.0 to the latest version. I am currently trying to use save states to get to save points in games so that I can save to my memory card.

Currently I am having problems with a game called La Pucelle Tactics

It tells me the save state is corrupt or incomplete it then tells me that I am using a different PCSX2 version from my save state version

from the log:
(pxActionEvent) Savestate uses an unknown savestate version.
(PCSX2 ver=9a080000, state ver=9a010000)(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

Could anyone tell me what PCSX2 version I need to match the save state?

Sponsored links

savestate version 9a010000 was used on PCSX2 from version r4132 until (including) r4820.

You can download 4820 from Orphis' builds bot page which still has the old builds, and it should be able to load your old savestate.

For anyone else interested in finding which pcsx2 revision changed the savestate version and how, follow this link, and check the modification at /trunk/pcsx2/SaveState.h.
(05-09-2014, 03:40 PM)avih Wrote: savestate version 9a010000 was used on PCSX2 from version r4132 until (including) r4820.

You can download 4820 from Orphis' builds bot page which still has the old builds.

For anyone else interested in finding which pcsx2 revision changed the savestate version and how, follow this link, and check the modification at /trunk/pcsx2/SaveState.h.
Thank you I will check it out.
good build bot. the official should be 0.9.8 if the svn graph is correct?
Possibly. I don't recall which revision was 0.98.
i dunno either. won't trace it. 4820 is good. but easy to see... intermediate svn saves states are indeed tricky. if the bot wasn't there you'd loose that ones. Closedeyes
(05-09-2014, 03:47 PM)viperveteran Wrote: Thank you I will check it out.

You can also try this:

1: Load last savestate you want

2: go at first save point or (if possible) save the game immediatly

(repeat point 1 & 2 for all games you need)

3: update pcsx2

4: Load your memory card

5: Save the new states when you need

for me is better than use old and compatible version with your savestates....
(05-09-2014, 05:16 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: You can also try this: ...

And how is this different than what he was trying to do?
I'm not sure if this is the "correct" thread for me to be posting on, but i searched for threads related to save states and this is what i got.

i was wondering if there is any way to actually SEE the state being saved?? After i hit Fn+F1 (required with my keyboard) the state is indeed saved cause i can test it by moving my character and then hitting Fn+F3 to load that save, however there is no indication that it has been saved. I played games on my PPSSPP emulator and every time i would save a small message saying "state 1 saved" would pop up and disappear very quickly, so it basically assured me that it saved.

is there a way to do this?

I was also able to assign buttons on my controller for save states and load states in the PPSSPP, but there doesnt seem to be an option for that in the PCSX2. Is there a way to do this with this emulator?
it says on the PCSX2 MAIN screen