Upgraded computer just to run pcsx2... dont think I upgraded enough.
Guys, that's what he could buy, no point in more than one "the GPU is not fast enough" comment.

As for solutions, your best best is to use speed hacks (start with preset 4, some games might benefit from 5, but most games would suffer from it) and set GSdx to use native resolution.

Other than that, not much you can do since the TDP of your cpu+gpu (I'm guessing 4200u or an earlier ulv i5?) is 15W, which is not much for PCSX2, but it should be able to play not very demanding games mostly at 60 fps (e.g. ICO).

Sponsored links

at 500$ u can try to get a amd build. blyss sarania has a good build that costs 470$
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Look,get a 500bcks more,Hell,get a 250bck. more,and u have a DREAM MACHINE PC already!!!Trust me,games wont run away from u,they dont have legs,pr hands... Tongue

@Shouvanik - Bliss is a f* b*ch,stupid F* BLOODY HELLISH W*e who has f*ed for ADMIN STATUS IN 3 F* BLOODY HELLISH MONTHS!!!!
just give suggestions homerunhog instead of telling to increase the budget.not everyone is as rich as u imagine.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

RICH,RICH???ARE U F* KIDDING ME????That my monthly payment in state department dammit,and yet not as a pro worker!!!I didnt said:Get 2000 bucks and we will advice u,MAN that is 750 bucks!!!I dont think u will become homeless bcoz of that amount of money...
i never said u r rich. just pointing out that sinsce OP has already told his budget u should give suggestions within it. instead of saying increase your budget etc.
let's go back to the topic now.
My Steam Profile

OK man,buy a 5YRS used Asus G1,and thats it!!!End of story...Goodbye folks,u have eaten all my nerves... Smile
i don't think anyone's mocking you, it's just that you need a fairly good machine to use pcsx2 Blush

i understand your plight though

take me for instance i upgraded to an i7 920 3 years ago, simply because i couldn't run pcsx2 very well ( i was getting 5-10 fps) plus i couldn't run dolphin at all,

reason being is my old processor an AMD XP 3000 (yes everyone have a good laugh at it Rolleyes ) didn't have the necessary chip instructions (sse2 iirc) , so i bit the bullet and spent a huge amount of my savings on a new pc (over £1000) , it has it's hissy fits now and again, but works so much better than the old slowcoach that was the old pc

my advice is to try and use speed hacks, they might make things worse but hey at least you've tried Biggrin

if your a noobie, don't be put off by the sarcastic things that others say, they may get infractions for being plonkers instead of being helpful

not everyone here is a smart axx who knows everything about this emulator, for most of us it just works, (usually because we have the pc setup in a certain way, with good components)

only the devs truly know how it works Smile

so rip your games to the hard drive using something like IMGburn, and if you don't have any luck with the version of pcsx2 your using, try one of the latest svn versions instead, theirs usually someone here with similar specs to other members that can offer advice

don't give up Biggrin
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
(03-14-2014, 06:29 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: ... and if you don't have any luck with the version of pcsx2 your using, try one of the latest svn versions instead ...

That's not a good advice for a slow system.

The release versions are built with special CPU optimizations, so they're about 7% (give or take) faster than SVN builds. On a slow system where every % count, use the release version only (currently that's 1.2.1) for maximum performance. And since the last release was only few weeks ago, it's not even outdated.
(03-14-2014, 05:36 AM)Shouvanik Wrote: if it turbo boosts to 2.6ghz then it is definitely a notebook.
get a desktop. laptops are not recommanded for emulation.
i5 3450 and a gtx 650 will run all the games fine.

"All the games" is an erroneous statement. "Most games" is more accurate. There are still some games that even the fastest commercial consumer CPU couldn't run, regardless of how much it is overclocked.