Upgraded computer just to run pcsx2... dont think I upgraded enough.
So I recently upgraded from an old AMD 2.6ghz processor to an i5 processor that turboboosts to 2.6Ghz. Everything about this new machine is better than my last and would easily run any pcsx2 game. My worry is in the processor. I know a 3Ghz processor is reccomended but I cant even get any decent fps with mine. Do I ABSOLUTELY need a 3 ghz processor? Im a little dissapointed because using pcsx2 with this new computer was one of the main reasons I bought it.

Just FYI. other specs are 6g RAM and Intel 4400 integrated graphics. From what I can tell these specs seem atleast reasonable to be able to emulate properly... perhaps I am mistaken. Please give me some guidance.

Sponsored links

Uuuuuuhhhh,forget about gaming with INTEL(!!!)...Certainly u have a notebook,right?CPU is good,it could run 40-60 FPS in mine opinion(depends on game),but graphics,graphics wont endure it...If u have Desktop PC than change it this moment,but if u have laptop,and love to waste money,than change complete motherboard,using ATI graphics(advice-HD7560M)...
if it turbo boosts to 2.6ghz then it is definitely a notebook.
get a desktop. laptops are not recommanded for emulation.
i5 3450 and a gtx 650 will run all the games fine.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

As I always say-YES theey are!!!If u have Alienware,Dell XPS,Acer Gemstone...hahaha Tongue
I think also its notebook,Intel GMA4400HD???It wont do a s*** on pcsx2...
Its an ultrabook. I understand that it is not top of the line but it was the best deal I could find at the time. It seems this community is doing nothing but mocking me. Thank you for your help everyone.
It is very funny how a i can get a 3.4ghz i5 at 50000rupees(835$ approx) but get a 1.8(or at most 2.1ghz) i5 in a laptop.
as homerunhog said unless u have a very expensieve gaming laptop u r out of luck.
always get a desktop.

we r not mocking you. just said u will get better price/performance on a desktop.
play from iso, turn on speedhacks and frameskips, keep your laptop plugged in, change windows power plan to high performance and play in native res to get maximum speed possible on that laptop.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Man,we are not here to criticize u and ur questions,but Ultrabook barely can turn on itself,yet play such demanding games with such demanding tools as PCSX2 is!so,why dont u sell that micro PC of yours and buy a real Gaming shaped PC?We can help u make an perfect config for playing games,just ask us advice... Wink
Yeah, I guess I should just bite the bullet and buy all of the connecting cables for my ps2 again and just use that. Thanks for the advice everyone.
R U really gonna do that?Think twice,is it really worth it,to play it on ps2,with that crappy graphics & quality,and in sucha booooring console,which u will sell after 1yr.?Think twice...
http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/20...medium.jpg
i mean I would love to get a nice desktop. Im just not sure if its within my budget right now. This ultrabook is super portable (obviously) I just have a craving to play some of the games I grew up with. Would it be possible to build a decent rig for like 500$? because as far as I know it really isnt. And thats basically my budget...