Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded to windows 7 after using Vista since 2007
Closedeyes I just upgraded from Vista to 7 ultimate x86 3 days ago and its quite fine and all that but I am a bit dissapointed when one of my game's that worked flawlessly on Vista just wont start on 7 I am talking about spiderman shattered dimensions bought it last june and I still haven't finished it yet I get no error and when I go to task manager I see the Game.exe there for a few seconds and then disappears completely no errors what so ever tried uninstalling/reinstalling updating DX installed C++ 2005-2010 , all dot net framework and updating all my drivers nothing worked even got a separate HDD and did a clean install of windows 7 on it game still wont start now I am wondering if how many more of my other games dont work on this OS and here I thought It had better compatibility than vista
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]

Sponsored links

im not going to tell you where to find it, but use a no cd crack.

This is a securom title, of which the driver included on older game disks is not x86-64 compatible (and securom can cause system instability).

i just remembered there may be an issue with apps named game.exe so try renaming it first or create an empty file named "ra2.exe" in the same directory.

Quote:(Calling ChoosePixelFormat() in any application named "game.exe" attemps to open "ra2.exe" for reading, and will do so repeatedly if it fails.)
Ok!! TNX I'll try never really liked using one but oh well if it helps me run it TNX but as I said never happened to me on vista so I am a bit annoyed by it and also found another game that has problems with windows 7 its singularity seems the game has problems giving sound out in windows 7 if its not set in stereo in speaker configuration meaning only two of my 5.1 channel speaker works for that game and I have to change the setting manually if I want to play it and change it back if I wanna play another game which is also annoying as hell

EDIT: Ah Fu** it TNX for the help but it still wont start and same problems even after using a no cd fix tried two of them one from RLD and another from VVN still saw its the same regardless of filename [renamed it several times ]appears briefly on Taskmanager before disappearing into the abyss even tried putting a blank file named it ra2.exe and still no go makes me wanna revert if only I could do that without reinstalling

My New PC
http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/30/spider...and-fixes/

GL cheers o/
TNX but already tried all the fix listed there before creating this thread here none of em worked now I am gonna try as a last ditch of effort to use the sucurom remover and try to use a no cd fix hopefully it will fix my troubles
My New PC
i think in some countries a no cd crack is allowed if you legally own the game,cuz it's just a modified exe file......if you live in a country like this,then don't even think about it too much and use it Laugh
***** the law in this case.

if a game uses a intrusive malware like securom then it deserves to be cracked.
whoa fixed the goda*'d game after a day and half of annoyance installed it used the securom remover and then used the No cd fix then bam it worked man what an annoyance one of the few things I hate while after an upgrade of an OS
My New PC
(10-25-2011, 02:08 PM)anito9999 Wrote: whoa fixed the goda*'d game after a day and half of annoyance installed it used the securom remover and then used the No cd fix then bam it worked man what an annoyance one of the few things I hate while after an upgrade of an OS
The thing is... it's not the OS that's to blame; it's the poorly-coded piece of ***** masquerading as IP protection. The fact that your game worked after you removed said crap means it was exactly the cause of your problem.
But as I said many times now never had any problem's starting a game on my Vista before the upgrade to Windows 7 so that means Vista has better tolerance for this kind of shi* than windows 7 does otherwise it would have run just the same without problems
My New PC