Upgrading PCSX2
Hi everyone,
I've been using PCSX2 1.2.1, but now I want to install the latest development build. The problem is, I created different portable folders for each game I have, so I could configure each portable to different settings, as some games require specific configurations to fix graphic issues and things like that.

My question is: is there any way I can "upgrade" from 1.2.1 to the latest version without the need to create and configure the portables all over again? I've got quite a lot of games and it would take some time to do it again, so if someone knows an easier way to do that, I would be really thankful. Biggrin

Sponsored links

just overwrite the plugins folder and the pcsx2.exe (plus any .dll files and gamedb.dbf of course), that will "upgrade" your version without losing any of your settings Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-02-2016, 01:47 AM)refraction Wrote: just overwrite the plugins folder and the pcsx2.exe (plus any .dll files and gamedb.dbf of course), that will "upgrade" your version without losing any of your settings Smile

Really? I didn't know it was so easy! Biggrin
Thanks a lot for the help, refraction!
Copying old settings(ini) files to a new version can cause issues though. I've had several regressions due to settings files I copied from an older PCSX2 version. If you do notice something not working, like a setting you enabled not having any effect in-game, you'll have to delete the old settings for that game.