Useless ads.... (donations to get rid of em?)
thinking donations, what amount of $$ would be needed each year to totally get rid of these useless ads here AND on
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
too...???
(PC Specs)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO (BIOS_r4602 [02/23/2023])
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB XC3 model by EVGA
GFX Drivers: Nvidia v536.40
RAM: 32GB, 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4

Sponsored links

We don't own buildbot so can't say.

For the others, if they bother you, just donate a bit and block em with adblock.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Or use admuncher which, i believe is a better alternative because it blocks more sophisticated ads , and it recently became free
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
(12-13-2014, 08:13 PM)Melchior Wrote: thinking donations, what amount of $$ would be needed each year to totally get rid of these useless ads here
i don't see any ads around the forum
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-15-2014, 05:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: i don't see any ads around the forum

You have an adblocker then.

The forum has ads.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-15-2014, 05:48 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You have an adblocker then.

The forum has ads.
the only time, when i see ads are when, i logout and browse the forum as guest user and, i do use ad-blocks. so, why is the op talking about donation when,he can simply install an ad-block add-on on his browser
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-15-2014, 05:52 AM)ssakash Wrote: the only time, when i see ads are when, i logout and browse the forum as guest user and, i do use ad-blocks. so, why is the op talking about donation when,he can simply install an ad-block add-on on his browser

Because this site and its staff are funded by those ads and he wants to contribute something. If you block the ads you are using the site without supporting the people who run it.

Of course that's fine if you want to, but some people want to support the developers.
(12-15-2014, 05:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Because this site and its staff are funded by those ads and he wants to contribute something. If you block the ads you are using the site without supporting the people who run it.

Of course that's fine if you want to, but some people want to support the developers.
but, i don't see the problem. even if we block the ads the developer's get paid for having the ads so, what's the problem in using Adblocks.but, if he has a personal interest in donating money to the developer's the topic is understandable.
- Refraction
(12-15-2014, 06:04 AM)ssakash Wrote: but, i don't see the problem. even if we block the ads the developer's get paid for having the ads so, what's the problem in using Adblocks.but, if he has a personal interest in donating money to the developer's the topic is understandable.

That's not how it works.

This site(as well as other sites that have ads) doesn't get paid for "having the ads." Or if it does, very little(I'm not involved in the financial management of this site so I don't know exactly the terms of the contract)

The main source of ad income comes from views and clicks. Every time an ad is viewed, it makes the site money. Every time it is clicked, it makes additional money. Blocking the ads removes at least 90% of the income they generate, if not 100%.

Ever go to a site that won't let you view it unless you disable your ad blocker? That's why.

*This is generally how it works, but again, I'm not involved in these decisions here so I can't say for certain that I am right.
but, the reason i use adblocks are because, there are some very bad ads which i think, my kid brother should never view prior to his age in any websites.but, i think i can make this forum an exception for adblock if, there aren't any bad ads like that.
- Refraction