Using AR Max iso
So I used AR Max iso to get codes for Kingdom Hearts 2. I booted it up, chose all the cheats I wanted, and started the game, as I would on a normal PS2. When I started the game however, all my save files were gone. No cheats, no nothing. Help?

Sponsored links

Did you choose "swap disc" ?
Is your game PAL ?
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
That's a no go actually. The problem is it's not like a game to be emulated, it's an engine which takes control of PS2 and keeps running in the background while the actual game is played.

Although PCSX2 emulates PS2 they aren't exactly the same thing and then the commercial cheat engines may (and probably will) fail to run together the emulator.

I know from reports that Codebreaker works, sometimes, but never knew about the ARMax working in this case.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-31-2013, 07:02 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That's a no go actually. The problem is it's not like a game to be emulated, it's an engine which takes control of PS2 and keeps running in the background while the actual game is played.

Although PCSX2 emulates PS2 they aren't exactly the same thing and then the commercial cheat engines may (and probably will) fail to run together the emulator.

I know from reports that Codebreaker works, sometimes, but never knew about the ARMax working in this case.
AR MAX works fine here, I use it regularly. There are problems on earlier revs, though.
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(05-31-2013, 07:08 PM)ps2freak Wrote: AR MAX works fine here, I use it regularly. There are problems on earlier revs, though.

Thanks for the update then. Still is somewhat risky running PCSX2 under control of external software. This is not the case of making PCSX2 compatible with the cheat engine but making it compatible with PCSX2.

Although not basing on actual cases, this opinion comes from the acknowledge the engine expect the actual PS2 software to be present and will work for simpler memory pokes but may fail with more complex features.

Well, if is working it's working, that's what really matters. If getting non expected behavior, the above may be the cause.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-31-2013, 07:08 PM)ps2freak Wrote: AR MAX works fine here, I use it regularly. There are problems on earlier revs, though.

Do you know which one works? I've kept trying and trying, backing up my stuff of course, but it always deletes everything I have.
I use r5438. If it is savestates you are loosing, then it is because PCSX2 saves states
as AR MAX (The game "Rez") even after you boot a game with cheats.
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(06-01-2013, 04:53 PM)ps2freak Wrote: I use r5438. If it is savestates you are loosing, then it is because PCSX2 saves states
as AR MAX (The game "Rez") even after you boot a game with cheats.

It's not save states I'm losing, that's actually how I keep my files, but the actual save file from the memory card, it's like every time I use AR MAX, it reformats the memory card.

Just to get things straight, I boot up AR MAX, choose expert mode, scroll down to Kingdom Hearts 2, choose the cheats I want, press the start button, then swap the disc to Kingdom Hearts 2. It then does that "saving settings" thing and then KH2 boots up, and when I choose load game, no save files are found
Oh, OK. I don't know why it would do that... Is your memorycard 64 MB ?
If so, try creating a new card that is 8 MB. That's the only solution I can think of.
Until it is solved, you could try and eject the memorycard and insert it when the game boots.
Good luck Smile
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
I just remembered that I had a similar problem some time ago. I disabled "save changes automatically" in AR MAX settings and it worked.
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's