Using Joypad Connect as a controller (iPhone) - Good results. Review
Thumbs Up 
Hi everyone, I decided to revive memories from my childhood and download this emulator. Luckily I recently got a good computer and it's running really smooth.

They problem was that I don't own any controllers and don't have any money to spend on one. Trying to configure the keyboard/mouse to play with was just a hideous task.

Then it hit me while I was using my iphone, I remember using it as a keyboard and mouse once and thought they must have a gaming pad app. First I tried WifiPad. I was excited because there is a layout specially made for PCSX2, but it really sucked. The controllers were just bad and clunky. It ruined the gameplay experience.

I was about to give up, when I found Joypad Connect. I tried it and I found myself enjoying games like Jak2. It feel really natural.

[Image: 33935307410ddc9d131a09891cc70a4e.png]

Now the downside is that it doesn't support PS2 controller layout, but the SNES did a fair job. The worst part was not having camera movement which is usually the left stick. However I was able to use the iphone's build in accelerator to fulfill this task and again I was surprised. It went better than expected. It would be better if I could configure it to be a little less intuitive... I also wish I could modify the layout a bit to suit my PS2 needs, but as for now developers only offer a SDK file to mess around with the software and I don't own a mac Sad

Overall experience was 7/10 with my first game. About to try Spyro and I will report back!

Sponsored links

Using an iphone would absolutely drive me insane trying to play a ps2 game I can hardly make myself play any games on the Iphone even just to pass time I bought final fantasy 4 and hated it on Iphone Wacko
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
(05-26-2013, 11:44 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: Using an iphone would absolutely drive me insane trying to play a ps2 game I can hardly make myself play any games on the Iphone even just to pass time I bought final fantasy 4 and hated it on Iphone Wacko

Better than not playing at all or using the keyboard/mouse lol. But believe me the layout from the screenshot is really well made. It's intuitive, feels natural. Playing with the accelerometer is also fun. Like I said I wish I could customize a couple of things though :/
(05-26-2013, 11:48 AM)RK7 Wrote: Better than not playing at all lol. But believe me the layout from the screenshot is really well made. It's intuitive, feels natural. Playing with the accelerometer is also fun. Like I said I wish I could customize a couple of things though :/

I would much rather use a keyboard then an Iphone atleast with the keyboard its similar to pc games at that point Laugh
(05-26-2013, 11:51 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: I would much rather use a keyboard then an Iphone atleast with the keyboard its similar to pc games at that point Laugh

If you are playing 3d platformers I doubt it man, unless you have 10 fingers in each hand
(05-26-2013, 11:57 AM)RK7 Wrote: If you are playing 3d platformers I doubt it man, unless you have 10 fingers in each hand

I play only jrpgs/anime games with the exception being assassins creed so I don't have to worry about that much since most are tactical or turn based and I do have a controller Biggrin