Using generic PS3 controller with PCSX2?
There are generic PS3 controllers on ebay and I was wondering if anyone's had experience using them with pcsx2. Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dual-Shock-SixAx...4148edbaab

I've tried contacting the seller, but I haven't got a response. I'd like to know if these indeed do support dual shock (vibration) and sixaxis capability, and also the button pressure sensitivity etc. If anyone's had experience with these please let me know, thanks!

The buyers' feedback for these units is all positive, but no one mentions if all the functionality is the same as the Sony manufactured controllers. I'm wondering if they're made at the same place since these are coming out of Hong Kong, but these are just not branded as "Sony".

Sponsored links

I think there's a thread to make a PS3 controller work, try doing a search for PS3 controller, it may depend on your OS, I think Vista's funny about it.

Personally, the easiest solution on Vista is an Xbox 360 controller or generic USB gamepad. For the 360 controller particularly, the USB one just works, and the wireless one can be made to work with a usb dongle ( I think you can get from newegg.com for about $17 US). I'm pretty sure these are compatible with the emulator.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
Hey there, thanks for the reply. I know about the PS3 controllers working, but I'd like to know about these generic controllers in particular since they're about half the cost of the Sony branded ones. If they have all the same functionality and features I'll go ahead and buy one.

Btw, I'm using XP.
Using a wired 360 controller as we speak, works perfectly
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(10-08-2009, 11:01 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Using a wired 360 controller as we speak, works perfectly

Good to know, I haven't bought the dongle yet, waiting for payday Happy but when I do I'll post to confirm if the wireless one works (can't see why it wouldn't).

As to the original issue of the unbranded PS3 controllers, well....only way to find out is to try it, I'm sad to say. If they're unbranded there's no way to know but to test it.

In terms of build quality, you'll likely get what you pay for, they may not be as good as an actual PS3 controller. The deal sounds fishy to me, both based on the price and looking at the picture. It appears they took a picture of the actual PS3 controller and photoshopped out the logo and center button.

Be aware, Sony has a patent on their D-Pad design, the other thing making this deal seem a bit off. No one else can legally make controllers with the sony style split d-pad (hence why every other controller's d-pad sucks IMOAngry ).

In any case, buyer beware, and in your shoes, I wouldn't buy it.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
I wouldn't trust a cheap knockoff...
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Buy a REAL ps3 controller instead,
here's the drivers: http://dl.qj.net/SIXAXIS-driver-for-PC-P.../catid/518
after you've installed the drivers, place the file that looks like a CMD window into your startup folder, and make sure your ps3 controller is plugged in when starting windows.

hit the middle button to turn it on.

it'll work perfectly.
(10-08-2009, 11:40 PM)callmesuspect Wrote: Buy a REAL ps3 controller instead,
after you've installed the drivers, place the file that looks like a CMD window into your startup folder, and make sure your ps3 controller is plugged in when starting windows.

it'll work perfectly.

That's nice if you have a 32-bit OS, but if you have a 64 bit OS(or even 32-bit Vista, I think), you'll need to follow the instructions in my sig and use completely different files.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-08-2009, 11:48 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:
(10-08-2009, 11:40 PM)callmesuspect Wrote: Buy a REAL ps3 controller instead,

it'll work perfectly.

That's nice if you have a 32-bit OS, but if you have a 64 bit OS(or even 32-bit Vista, I think), you'll need to follow the instructions in my sig and use completely different files.
I just assumed he had 32bit XP, either way, both of our instructions are helpful to someone.
Yup, that's why I added my post.