Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIRUS! VIRUS! VIRUS IN PCSX2!!!!!
I have tested this, THREE times, and the plugin "PadSSSPSX.dll" contains a virus that hijacks your browser and gives you alerts on virus protection software. I downloaded from the official site, official everything, everything was extracted FROM the zip file! What's going on here?!

PS: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log stated:
Quote:C:\Users\Jasen\Desktop\Pcsx2\plugins\PadSSSPSX.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

The full log:
Quote:Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.42
Database version: 3343
Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

12/10/2009 6:59:40 PM
mbam-log-2009-12-10 (18-59-40).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 476350
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 12 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected:0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\Jasen\Desktop\Pcsx2\plugins\PadSSSPSX.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Attached Files
.zip   PadSSSPSX.zip (Size: 23,62 KB / Downloads: 158)

Sponsored links

Avast disagrees... Along with the roughly 2 million people who have downloaded and used this dll over the past 2-3 years, all without incident.
False positive
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/3806e...1260647228
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
And virustotal.com says that the file if completely virus free(scanned by 40 antivirus software's)

PS.Only your archive gives one possibility.When I extract the file and scan it and also when I archive it to zip archive(like your archive)I don't have any alarms.
@AmuletOfNight:
Out of curiosity what antivirus software did you scan that file with?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-12-2009, 10:02 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: @AmuletOfNight:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Ok, how come my browser stopped getting hijacked after I deleted that one file? And that file was the ONLY file that was infected on my computer? Could somebody please explain that to me?WackoWackoWacko

And if this is a false positive...I feel REALLY REALLY stupid Sad((
(12-12-2009, 10:07 PM)AmuletOfNight Wrote:
(12-12-2009, 10:02 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: @AmuletOfNight:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Ok, how come my browser stopped getting hijacked after I deleted that one file? And that file was the ONLY file that was infected on my computer? Could somebody please explain that to me?WackoWackoWacko

And if this is a false positive...I feel REALLY REALLY stupid Sad((

ClamWin says it's clean.

The source for PadSSSPSX is open, is it not? You can look at it if you want to be reassured it isn't a virus.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
I've heard so many stories about that Malwarebytes software being utter crap. I wouldn't rely on it so much, if I were you.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Look, there's nothing to worried about, same thing happen to me but I know pcsx2 (svn google code) doesn't have any virus, I got alerts when I run pcsx2 using Kaspersky (best antivirus ever xD) but as I compiled myself my own buildts I'm not worried, you should do the same, compile pcsx2 yourself and you'll be free of fears Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(12-12-2009, 11:23 PM)Butz_san Wrote: Look, there's nothing to worried about, same thing happen to me but I know pcsx2 (svn google code) doesn't have any virus, I got alerts when I run pcsx2 using Kaspersky (best antivirus ever xD) but as I compiled myself my own builds I'm not worried, you should do the same, compile pcsx2 yourself and you'll be free of fears Tongue

Anyone else got this song running through their head about now? Smile