VM (Virutal Machine Version)?
post your PC specs please?

Sponsored links

(05-14-2013, 01:28 PM)Saiki Wrote: post your PC specs please?

Amd fx 6300 at stock 3.6 ghz
Amd radeon hd 7950
Corsair ballistic 2x4gb 1600 ram
5400 rpm HD (slow I know)
A random asus motherboard forget the exact name
Corsair 600 watt psu
5 threads sw mode + mtvu
(05-15-2013, 02:46 AM)Saiki Wrote: 5 threads sw mode + mtvu

What is mtvu?
(05-15-2013, 04:27 AM)frillybob Wrote: What is mtvu?

mtvu is a recoomended speedhack (if have 3 +cores) tick it in speedhacks.
(05-15-2013, 04:27 AM)frillybob Wrote: What is mtvu?

It stands for Multi-Threaded VU. There are 2 VU (vector units) in the PS2, what this hack does is seperate them from the EE (emotion engine, the PS2 CPU) and puts them (or was it just VU 1? I always forget) on a separate thread so that an extra processor core can be used.

There are a relatively small number of games that don't like this because they are very timing specific, and throwing the cores onto another core can mess with that. On an even smaller subset of games it has the potential to slow down emulation.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-15-2013, 02:22 PM)Koji Wrote: It stands for Multi-Threaded VU. There are 2 VU (vector units) in the PS2, what this hack does is seperate them from the EE (emotion engine, the PS2 CPU) and puts them (or was it just VU 1? I always forget) on a separate thread so that an extra processor core can be used.

There are a relatively small number of games that don't like this because they are very timing specific, and throwing the cores onto another core can mess with that. On an even smaller subset of games it has the potential to slow down emulation.

oh thanks koji for explaining it.
Now i knew what exactly it is Thanks again Smile
(05-15-2013, 02:46 AM)Saiki Wrote: 5 threads sw mode + mtvu

3-4 will be faster than 5. I recommend 3 personally.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

What I do is when it gets laggy I just press f4 and it skyrockets the fps up to a playable level. And when im a a zone that's way way to fast I push it again and play back down at 60 other than the music I can't really tell that much of a difference though my friend says he can see it.

Also would you suggest I burn my ripped ISO onto a dvd. For some reason I couldn't boot right off the DVD. Would it be any faster?
It will never be faster running off a DVD, the original or copy. What is the FPS when it's laggy? i mean 60fps is perfect for an NTSC game.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]