VU states 100% however GPU disagrees
Hi all, long time user (over many generations of PCs and PCSX2s) however I've never really needed to post before.

I have gotten back into playing my PS2 games (I seem unable to actually throw them out for some reason =P).

Anyways, I've installed PCSX2 1.2.1 and my VU is stating that it's running at 100% slowing my FPS down to about 30%. However my GPU (which my understanding from reading a number of posts has always been the determining point for VU) is not even utilizing 5% of it's potential. Am I missing something completely? Or is VU more tied with CPU than GPU?

Thanks all,

--Galirn

Sponsored links

what r your ee and gs percentages?
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

EE was reading at ~78% and GS ~50%

I did some fiddling now it seems to be EE that's taking a hit. Used to be able to play most my Final Fantasy Games on my old Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 just fine... I'm on a I5 2500 clocked at 3.3 and it's giving me all sorts of trouble. At a bit of a loss.

Any help is appreciated.

For number interested people, EE - 100% GS - between 40%-50% and VU sitting around 60%-70%
EE=emotion engine which utilizes your cpu
GS=grahics synthesizer which uses your gpu
VU=vector unit, the co processor of ps2 alongside ee and iop.
mostly ee and gs percentage is the indicator of your cpu and gpu load respectively. however it is the only load that is needed to render the graphics, not the full load.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Fair enough, I will see what I can read up on to try to tweak performance. Just frustrating that I'm having so much difficulty these days with it =P
(03-08-2014, 05:30 AM)Shouvanik Wrote: EE=emotion engine which utilizes your cpu
GS=grahics synthesizer which uses your gpu
VU=vector unit, the co processor of ps2 alongside ee and iop.
mostly ee and gs percentage is the indicator of your cpu and gpu load respectively. however it is the only load that is needed to render the graphics, not the full load.

I could be wrong but I thought the GS% only represented the CPU usage by the Graphics plugin?? i.e. there's no way of telling the GPU usage out of the PCSX2 GUI.

Could be wrong though.
@pablocrossa check out this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-What-do-t...nd-GS-mean Smile
My Steam Profile